Travel grinders under $100

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
sassypants15

#1: Post by sassypants15 »

I use an M47 at home but it's too darn heavy to carry around. I would like something that is light but around $100. I noticed a few reviews for the 1zpresso Js and Q , are these ok choices? Any help would be great. Thank you.

GregoryJ

#2: Post by GregoryJ »

I just got the 1Zpresso JX. I got the all metal one for $129, but they also sell a metal/glass one for $114. First impressions are that it's good, not great. But I'm comparing it to the Bplus Apollo which costs $300, so maybe for the price the 1Z is great. The steps are a little too coarse for my liking to dial in espresso. The machining is noticeably lower quality. I really like the threading on the catch cup though, it's very easy to screw in. Also, the plastic lid is nice to guard against any hopping beans.

sassypants15 (original poster)

#3: Post by sassypants15 (original poster) »

Bought the 1zpresso and got it today. The edges inside are very sharp where the catch cup screws in . Also on the top some metal flakes fell into the grider part. They were also very sharp. I see what you mean about the milling. The grinder is very fast. I think it grinds faster than my kinu 47. I think the grinder would be great if it wasn't for the metal flakes and the sharp threads on the catch cup. Has anyone had any issues with this ?

MemPast

#4: Post by MemPast »

I have the JX, with the glass catch cup. No issues at all, and I really like it.

Talk to the seller. Is it from amazon?

sassypants15 (original poster)

#5: Post by sassypants15 (original poster) »

Yes amazon. I sent the seller an email. I requested a replacement and it should be here in a few days. Hopefully it will be in better condition.