Transport mug for cold temperatures

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
false1001

#1: Post by false1001 »

I need a mug or thermos to transport coffee in freezing temps. I will be pouring the coffee into another cup to drink, so it doesn't need to have a opening to drink from.

Half of my commute is walking, and I only have room outside of my backpack for a mug. I also ski with a thermos (when I wake up early enough), so ideally the mug would keep the coffee at temp for hours. My beautiful mug that's served me so well for the past 3 years recently got washed in the dishwasher and now reduces all contents to battery acid.

Preservation of flavor and temp are my top priorities, any suggestions?

baldheadracing
Team HB

#2: Post by baldheadracing »

Espro travel press (without the press part). Spill-proof, but very drinkable. With a pre-heat, has kept coffee hotter longer than any of my other travel mugs, or even my small thermos.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

jpsm

#3: Post by jpsm »

false1001 wrote:I need a mug or thermos to transport coffee in freezing temps. I will be pouring the coffee into another cup to drink, so it doesn't need to have a opening to drink from.

Half of my commute is walking, and I only have room outside of my backpack for a mug. I also ski with a thermos (when I wake up early enough), so ideally the mug would keep the coffee at temp for hours. My beautiful mug that's served me so well for the past 3 years recently got washed in the dishwasher and now reduces all contents to battery acid.

Preservation of flavor and temp are my top priorities, any suggestions?
I have been using my klean kanteen for 3-4 years now and it's really worth it. It is quite beat up so I am looking to purchase a hydroflask to replace it :)

fredgab

#4: Post by fredgab »

I use a Zojirushi mug and it stays hot really forever...
So much that you need to be careful if putting boiling water in it.
Works well with ice as well for summer time! ;-)

cheers
LMWDP #596

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#5: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Preface
How much will you spend for something that brings you joy daily?
This debate has been had here many times.
I am in the spend more camp, smiles are worth more than anything in this crazy world. I will give up an extra dinner out or something else.

So................
2 years ago my wife gave me a gift of a mug. A special high priced mug. Problem is that I don't sip my coffees. I drink them. She sips. So what's a good husband to do. Have your wife use it. Ember. She absolutely loves it. Tells all the visitors in the house. We don't have the travel version, but here you go. We have the in home mug version.

https://ember.com/products/ember-travel-mug-2

I never expected, nor did she, that it would be a beloved coffee tool.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

sosha
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by sosha »

This mug keeps coffee incredibly hot, and it has a locking cap to prevent any mishaps.

https://tinyurl.com/qr3q6ff
LMWDP #440
www.kelpfish.com

mcneely11

#7: Post by mcneely11 »

I've used a hydroflask for this and it works great. I've had coffee that was brewed 8 hours ago still be drinkably hot.

false1001 (original poster)

#8: Post by false1001 (original poster) »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:Preface
How much will you spend for something that brings you joy daily?
This debate has been had here many times.
I am in the spend more camp, smiles are worth more than anything in this crazy world. I will give up an extra dinner out or something else.

So................
2 years ago my wife gave me a gift of a mug. A special high priced mug. Problem is that I don't sip my coffees. I drink them. She sips. So what's a good husband to do. Have your wife use it. Ember. She absolutely loves it. Tells all the visitors in the house. We don't have the travel version, but here you go. We have the in home mug version.

https://ember.com/products/ember-travel-mug-2

I never expected, nor did she, that it would be a beloved coffee tool.
Those ember mugs are super cool but given the cost i'm destined to either immediately lose it or destroy it running into a tree while skiing.

The hydroflask idea is a good one, I like the simple lids for cleaning. I appreciate all of the help!

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#9: Post by LBIespresso »

I saw this at coffee fest nyc and picked one up for half price on black friday. I am very happy with it.

https://thero.shop/
LMWDP #580

yakster
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by yakster »

How much does the Thero hold? Couldn't find this on their site, their Kickstarter or their Indegogo campaigns. Looks like there's still backers waiting on rewards.

Finally found a site with info, it holds 12 oz and you should fill it to about 1/2" of the top for best results.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272