Three E61 espresso machines and cannot decide which to buy

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
cajunbaseball

#1: Post by cajunbaseball »

I need some advice on which machine to buy. OK, There are 500,000 such topics here, but I wanted to get your attention.

Profitec 600; Lelit Biancha or Quick Mill Vetrano 2B Evo?

Is there really much difference in the three besides cosmetics? I would add flow control to whatever I bought. I will NOT plumb it in, so I'm leaning P600.

But I love the wooden knob accents on the Biancha and available on the Vetrano. I assume I can get them for the 600.

Any advice or suggestions of another machine (preferably one less expensive) is welcomed.

Thank you.

BaristaBoy E61

#2: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Welcome to HB David!

Out of your choices I would be happiest with the Quick Mill Vetrano 2B Evo for the longest period of time because I think it's the best made, most flexible and easiest to service - and there will be servicing, repairs and maintenance on any machine.

... But that's just one person's personal opinion.

YMMV
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

Advertisement
Jeff
Team HB

#3: Post by Jeff »

Doesn't the 600 also give up the rotary pump? For me, especially with flow profiling, that's a meaningful loss over the 700.

slipchuck

#4: Post by slipchuck »

BaristaBoy E61 wrote:Welcome to HB David!

Out of your choices I would be happiest with the Quick Mill Vetrano 2B Evo for the longest period of time because I think it's the best made, most flexible and easiest to service - and there will be servicing, repairs and maintenance on any machine.

... But that's just one person's personal opinion.

YMMV
Me as well

Randy
“There is nobody you can’t learn to like once you’ve heard their story.”

SandraF

#5: Post by SandraF »

You can purchase aftermarket wood knobs/levers. I've seen the Bianca in person & the wood knobs look cheap to me. The color is horrible. There's a member on the market sun forum here who makes & sells stunning wood knobs, handles, levers as well as all sorts of other related items and I would buy my upgrades from him.

Have you seen any of these in person? Does noise matter to you? Years ago I had a single boiler "Rio Vaporé" aka Starbucks "Barista" model with a vibratory pump and it made a racket while pulling a shot. My Synchronika has a rotary pump that is very quiet in comparison.

Don't know about you, but I don't want my ears harassed so early in the morning.

cajunbaseball (original poster)

#6: Post by cajunbaseball (original poster) »

If someone could guide me to the wood worker fellow, I would appreciate it. Happy to shop with him.

"Does noise matter to you?" Well, I guess, but it's an espresso machine, not a machine gun. How noisy can it be? If I remember correctly, the Vetrano has the quiet pump. My present Breville 870 has a vibratory pump. Never considered it "noisy."

Thanks for the feedback so far. Please keep the opinions coming.

BaristaBoy E61

#7: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

This is the link for knobs etc.:

Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine

For an E61 machine I'd also consider this machine from a great vendor:

https://www.chriscoffee.com/products/iz ... -duetto-iv
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

Advertisement
GC7

#8: Post by GC7 »

I have a QM 67 with added flow control that I am very happy using with no maintenance issues. Do it again and I would likely get a rotary pump machine and use the reservoir. I personally don't see much difference in the e61 models. Choose a dealer near you or one you trust.

Just as an FYI to see, here are some wood knobs, portafilter and tamper on the QM 67 made by Dave (see above thread for more)

PIXIllate
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by PIXIllate »

Jeff wrote:Doesn't the 600 also give up the rotary pump? For me, especially with flow profiling, that's a meaningful loss over the 700.
Yes, the 600 also gives up the rotary pump for a vibe. This changes the noise the machine makes as well as the duty cycle. If you are regularly pulling profiled shots longer than 60 seconds then a vibe pump may not like that after an extended time. Alternately, a replacement pump is $30-60 vs 10x that for a replacement rotary pump.

I've been very happy with my 600 and would only consider a new machine if it were a saturated group with flow profiling like the GS3MP or a Decent. And I don't have space for a GS3. My problem right now is that the 600 is so good it's doing everything I need with the flow knob so I'm finding it hard to pony up the $6000CAD for the DE1 Espresso Calculator.
★ Helpful

cajunbaseball (original poster)

#10: Post by cajunbaseball (original poster) »

Thanks.

Read several posts about the Duetto saying that it is difficult to service. Several mentions of "scraped knuckles."