TAMPERS: Decent vs. Force vs. Bravo - Page 4

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
dgasmd

#31: Post by dgasmd »

I have the Bravo. I ordered directly from Gilberto in 53mm size for my La Espaziale.I requested for it to have 30 lb of pressure and it is what it came at. Have more grits whatsoever with it, and simply put, love it. I can see this easily lasting decades too.
Keep it simple and keep it enjoyable. It is about coffee, not quantum physics!

blutch (original poster)

#32: Post by blutch (original poster) »

I ordered the Bravo from WLL because I had a $50 credit. It arrived today without one word of instruction on how to use it. This seems to be a trend in the coffee word.. No instructions, no website. You can take this thing apart, but I have no idea why or if you can adjust the tension. I've looked for videos and haven't really found anything that explains it on Youtube either. Is there anything else to it?

b

mattsteg

#33: Post by mattsteg »

The WLL site seems to have instructions.
https://www.wholelattelove.com/collecti ... atte-black

blutch (original poster)

#34: Post by blutch (original poster) replying to mattsteg »

Cool! Thanks. I totally missed that.

LObin

#35: Post by LObin »

blutch wrote:I ordered the Bravo from WLL because I had a $50 credit. It arrived today without one word of instruction on how to use it. This seems to be a trend in the coffee word.. No instructions, no website. You can take this thing apart, but I have no idea why or if you can adjust the tension. I've looked for videos and haven't really found anything that explains it on Youtube either. Is there anything else to it?

b
You didn't answer my questions about your new Turin but if it's not done yet, I would strongly recommend checking your burrs alignement. The bottom burr is often pretty good but the top burr carrier is tricky. I know Joe at EspressoOutlet said he would align the units upgraded to SSP but, it's worth checking anyway.

The other thing with the Turin is that damn declumper.
Works ok with stock burrs but not so well with SSP's.

The Bravo tamper will help with tamp consistency no doubt but if your grinder has grind distribution issues or keeps mixing old stale ground coffee in every dose you put through the burrs... no tamper will solve this.
LMWDP #592

blutch (original poster)

#36: Post by blutch (original poster) replying to LObin »

I aligned the burrs using the marker test and changing positions of both the top and bottom burrs. Didn't have to shim. I have the original steel burrs. This new version of the Turin has a new declumper and it is much better. Grounds are very consistent and fluffy. I used the Bravo last night and it seemed to work perfectly. THanks!
B

LObin

#37: Post by LObin replying to blutch »

Awesome!
LMWDP #592