Talk to me about ACS Evo Leva

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Starguru

#1: Post by Starguru »

Im curious about users' perspectives on the ACS Evo Leva, especially since it's just been updated. Im seriously considering this machine. Im coming from a Bambino+ (first machine); the lever will be paired with a Lagom Mini and Zerno grinders. I make 1-3 coffees a day, and usually don't steam milk, although it happens occasionally (in other words, basically anything will work for my use case).

Are there any machines comparable to a ACS Evo in its price range? How would service work in the US? I do like the idea of a smaller machine, but also like the idea of quality; Im not looking for the cheapest thing out there, but if something costs more, I want to get something for it, if that makes sense.

cyclezib

#2: Post by cyclezib »

The Nurri Leva competes with the ACS Evo.

Loonster

#3: Post by Loonster replying to cyclezib »

Isn't the Nurri was in a higher price bracket?

And a bigger machine like the Vostok.

cyclezib

#4: Post by cyclezib »

Nurri Dimensions = Height 58 cm x Width 36 cm x Depth 45 cm

ACS Evo Dimensions = Height 50 cm (76cm with lever) Width 36.8 cm. Depth 50.8 cm.

ACS Vostok Dimensions = Height : 82 cm * Width: 70 cm * Depth: 60 cm

I don't know the price comparison because I think ACS increased the price of the Evo.

mgrayson
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by mgrayson »

I'm seeing the Nurri at about $1,000 more than the new ACS Evo, and comparable to the Vostok. I may be wrong. The Vostok may be more now.

Loonster

#6: Post by Loonster »

cyclezib wrote:Nurri Dimensions = Height 58 cm x Width 36 cm x Depth 45 cm

ACS Evo Dimensions = Height 50 cm (76cm with lever) Width 36.8 cm. Depth 50.8 cm.

ACS Vostok Dimensions = Height : 82 cm * Width: 70 cm * Depth: 60 cm

I don't know the price comparison because I think ACS increased the price of the Evo.
I think you got some dimensions switched around.

W x D x H (W/ Lever)

Nurri Leva: $5,852
36.0 x 58.0 x 58.0 (79.0)

ACS EVO:
36.8 x 51.0 x 51.5 (76.5)

ACS Vostok: ~$4,300
46.1 x 59.5 x 46.7 (81.5)

Edit: For the Nurri, I am seeing the dimensions for H and D switched around in some places.... The dimensions I have listed are from the brochure. If I'm reading it correctly, the Nurri Slopes from 45 at the front and 58 at the peak.... Its confusing.

Junior
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by Junior »

Prices certainly fluctuate based on exchange rate and the vendor.

Nurri is $5,300-5,500 at Clive coffee with shipping

Acs Evo Leva ranges from 3800 euro ($4,076), Vostok 4200 ($4,505) euro with shipping in the latest quotes.

None of these are cheap machines.
Michael

DaveC

#8: Post by DaveC »

Loonster wrote:I think you got some dimensions switched around.

W x D x H (W/ Lever)

Nurri Leva: $5,852
36.0 x 58.0 x 58.0 (79.0)

ACS EVO:
36.8 x 51.0 x 51.5 (76.5)

ACS Vostok: ~$4,300
46.1 x 59.5 x 46.7 (81.5)

Edit: For the Nurri, I am seeing the dimensions for H and D switched around in some places.... The dimensions I have listed are from the brochure. If I'm reading it correctly, the Nurri Slopes from 45 at the front and 58 at the peak.... Its confusing.
in real life the Nurri is deeper than the Vostock, the Vostock is deeper than the Evo. When you have to place the -machines on a standard 600mm deep counter with a wall at the back. The Nurri just goes over the front edge slightly, The Vostock just fits, the Evo gives you some space at the front.

Loonster

#9: Post by Loonster replying to DaveC »

Ahh, so the 580 dimension is likely the physical space it takes up on the counter, but ignores the protrusion on the back that forces it away from the wall. Where the Vostok 595 dimension is from the furthest point in the rear to the tip of the drip tray.

Primacog

#10: Post by Primacog »

In terms of perception of size, the nurri leva doesn't present as big precisely because it slopes upwards from the front to the back. So head on or obliquely, the nurri looks normal in size to me.

As for depth, the nurri fits my counter with a little room to spare on the back so no issues there for me. I haven't heard of any issues in this aspect experienced by any owner of rhe nurri in the Nurri owners Facebook group and the owners reside in many different parts of the world. So I don't think it's a real issue practically speaking.

On the price, u have to consider the very different delivery models for the ACS machines compared to Nurri machines so they arent directly comparable. The former is a direct sale model where the owner will install and maintain and repair the machine himself. The latter is the conventional model where the machine is sold through local dealers and distributors which provide after sales service and support and repair services. The former will of course be having lower prices because the owner does those things himself.

The nurri machine has a different aesthetic, interface and workflow and approach to the acs machines but they have similar general features so it depends on the user as to which one will appeal more to them. Where the acs mschines have more automation, the nurri is much more hands on manual in approach and so they are more suited for different things and enable different capabilities in dome ways. As the only true hybrid levers, the nurri and acs machines are the only ready to go lever machines that give essentially the same capabilities as the ultra expensive levers like the leva X at a much more affordable price. In fsct the hybrid levers can change temperature of grouphead and brew boiler probably considerably faster than those ultra levers.
LMWDP #729