Sweetest taste of espresso possible? - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
dragoic1
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by dragoic1 »

I use a Bezzera Strega + kinu M68 grinder . The extraction temperature is not always the same since has no PID , but ! sometimes I pull shots that are too sweet and too honey like texture .
So my opinion is :

spring lever machine , very precise grinder manual like Kinu , Pharos , etc or Mahlkoning peak/ek43 .

good quality green bean roasted for sweetnes
★ Helpful

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#12: Post by LBIespresso »

HB wrote:Jim's thread How to Adjust Dose and Grind Setting by Taste elaborates on his comment above. I've recently been using the Elektra Microcasa a Leva for my morning routine. I agree with him -- a lever espresso machine, especially one that's spring powered, can really pull sweet, easy-going shots. See Gary's Elektra Microcasa a Leva Review for more details.
Almost a year in to my espresso journey and I still find myself looking back at this link from time to time...yesterday included.
How to Adjust Dose and Grind Setting by Taste
LMWDP #580

happycat

#13: Post by happycat »

I had a really sweet shot today. 16g of Brazil cerrado, two levels of home roast. Ground on Pharos and pulled on my Flair with a 15s preinfusion to compensate for the fine grind.

But the seeetest I ever had was Sweet Santa blend by Greenbeanery. I ended up using it as a sweetener for other beans.

My VST basket shots on my Gaggia are also sweet due to using a finer grind but allowing more flow, but the sweetness is more in the background.

You need the fine grind and lower dose, but a consistently fine grind, and also good temperature management to avoid bitter or sour flavours ruining the coffee's natural sweetness.
LMWDP #603