The sweet spot for espresso machine - Page 4

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
HH

#31: Post by HH »

Ypuh wrote: Anyway, it'll be different to anyone. No real point in discussing, but the Dencent-enclave is noticably in-your-face even after a few days of reading. Not necessarily a bad thing, but too much hype of one particular piece of equipment is just that; 'too much'. Especially if it's out of (the desired) range for 99% of the audience.
I think the reason the answers on this thread are Decent-centric are that the poster specifically asked about 'most advanced espresso machine available', which is really the Decent. As I mentioned in my first post 'sweet spot' is slightly ambiguous, and can mean different things to different people, hence my other recommendations for both the Robot and BDB.

M997 (original poster)

#32: Post by M997 (original poster) »

ok, now I understood, Decent DE1XXL white in pair with white Niche grinder and white Cafelat Robot it's the ultimate espresso equipment for me :D :D :D
Thank you to show me the way))

M997 (original poster)

#33: Post by M997 (original poster) »

also for premium will add Vittoria Arduino.

ira
Team HB

#34: Post by ira »

But you have to read the question that was asked in this thread. Not all threads discuss the Decent, but it's an answer to a question, sometimes the only answer.

Ira

Espressoman007

#35: Post by Espressoman007 »

Ypuh wrote:I'm still pretty new at this forum but why does, despite the question, the answer always appear to be Decent? 13 out of 27 posts in this topic mention Decent whilst it costs around €5k once shipped across the pond. Talking about 'sweet spot' I'd assume a €1-2k budget (being the middel of the price range) and not one of the most feature rich expensive machines money can buy?
I would ask the same as you. But as I always point out, spending 50k for one person can be the same as $5 for another.

I don't know what's the sweet spot, but I can say that Strietman makes machines that produce hell of a good espresso in the cup. Pair that with a great grinder and you are at the top of the game, taste wise. I was checking out Strietman for a few years and wasn't sure whether something like that can deliver top class espresso (and it costs a damn lot of money). Also, I could often read comments that it is not in the same league of built sturdiness like other (Faema) levers, as people tend to prefer machines that are built like a tank, in their opinion Strietman is a bit "gentle"!

Then after a while and after gathering more info, I've decided to purchase one.
And man, was I pleasantly surprised! Immediately, all those comments about its gentle built went away, since Strietman is so stable that, when pulling a shot, you have this feeling that it's 100kg heavy, because how stable it is. And espresso, espresso is just great. And you also have all the possibilities to play, just like with Bianca (that I bought before Strietman), even more.

I always liked components to be for single use. Just like with audio. I wish there is a Slayer that delivers only espresso, without the steaming option or hot water option. I don't use that option in my machines, because I don't drink and make milk drinks.
Perhaps some day those manufacturers (Slayer like) will make a machine oriented only towards espresso. And it's really absurd that they don't have one already, considering the fact it's called an espresso machine, not latte or cappuccino machine!

Decent makes great things, and I like that guy and his efforts, also his approach is completely different to what I prefer (artistic approach rather than mathematics), but anyway....he is making something new, and that's good.

My vote goes to Strietman!

Good luck!
Cheers!

yoshi005

#36: Post by yoshi005 »

My vote would go to Flair or Robot for the best espresso per bucks ratio.

My favorite buy recently has been a used Arrarex Caravel which in great condition has cost me 250 EUR. It is a well built machine, make a great espresso and is a joy to use. I would not do a catering job with it but for a single espresso I cannot imagine a better machine if you like tinkering.
LMWDP #453

M997 (original poster)

#37: Post by M997 (original poster) »

Espressoman007 wrote:I would ask the same as you. But as I always point out, spending 50k for one person can be the same as $5 for another.

I don't know what's the sweet spot, but I can say that Strietman makes machines that produce hell of a good espresso in the cup. Pair that with a great grinder and you are at the top of the game, taste wise. I was checking out Strietman for a few years and wasn't sure whether something like that can deliver top class espresso (and it costs a damn lot of money). Also, I could often read comments that it is not in the same league of built sturdiness like other (Faema) levers, as people tend to prefer machines that are built like a tank, in their opinion Strietman is a bit "gentle"!

Then after a while and after gathering more info, I've decided to purchase one.
And man, was I pleasantly surprised! Immediately, all those comments about its gentle built went away, since Strietman is so stable that, when pulling a shot, you have this feeling that it's 100kg heavy, because how stable it is. And espresso, espresso is just great. And you also have all the possibilities to play, just like with Bianca (that I bought before Strietman), even more.

I always liked components to be for single use. Just like with audio. I wish there is a Slayer that delivers only espresso, without the steaming option or hot water option. I don't use that option in my machines, because I don't drink and make milk drinks.
Perhaps some day those manufacturers (Slayer like) will make a machine oriented only towards espresso. And it's really absurd that they don't have one already, considering the fact it's called an espresso machine, not latte or cappuccino machine!

Decent makes great things, and I like that guy and his efforts, also his approach is completely different to what I prefer (artistic approach rather than mathematics), but anyway....he is making something new, and that's good.

My vote goes to Strietman!

Good luck!
Cheers!
Hey, seems Strietman is a real Hi-End component and surely will check it. I like machines with soul, thank you for information:))

M997 (original poster)

#38: Post by M997 (original poster) »

yoshi005 wrote:My vote would go to Flair or Robot for the best espresso per bucks ratio.

My favorite buy recently has been a used Arrarex Caravel which in great condition has cost me 250 EUR. It is a well built machine, make a great espresso and is a joy to use. I would not do a catering job with it but for a single espresso I cannot imagine a better machine if you like tinkering.
Hi Yoshi thanks for sharing:))

yoshi005

#39: Post by yoshi005 »

Another sweet spot machine for me would be a Bezzera Strega, a nice machine that gives you much variation on pressure. It is a spring lever but can be used as a pump machine as well and is extremely well priced.
LMWDP #453

M997 (original poster)

#40: Post by M997 (original poster) »

My final thoughts.
After LMLM I think to try pressure profiling trend and I will buy VBM SE top range machine. After many hours of research I came to the conclusion that it's a master piece of engineering because it has very balanced dimensions, optimum volume cooper (gold standard) boilers: 0,5l for better recirculation and 2l for vapor that covers all my needs, top quality gearing pump, brass e61 original group (Ernesto Valente invented the E61 group and founded VBM company), pressure profiling with water temperature and pressure control of each second plus OLED display. Machine's look is gorgeous. What else? The reasonable price and highest quality of materials. Hand made in Italy. I'm very impressed! My sweet spot))
P.S. I was also considering XLVI STH9 but doesn't have pressure profiling. XLVI machines are very Hi End and I will try one after VBM.