Superautomatic around $2k ? - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
ilVecchio
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by ilVecchio »

Again, think about Nespresso. I own one; it beats any shots I've had from super-autos at Sur La Table or Williams of Sonoma. I use mine mainly for decaf.

M4rtin (original poster)

#12: Post by M4rtin (original poster) »

Will look into Nespresso, they used to be in Costco roadshow not too long ago, but lineups were always annoying for a try, so I always skipped them.
Does it do Latte or Cappuccino, is coffee/milk hot ? I hate when my coffee is luke warm.

DeGaulle

#13: Post by DeGaulle »

I have a Jura (Ena 9) that I purchased in 2011 before getting caught up in the "real thing". My wife still uses it when I am not home and so far we have not had the need for servicing it. The machine's milk frother is very sensitive to fouling though. She doesn't like the hassle of taking it apart and cleaning, so lately we got a separate frother by Illy that does a very fine job so far. If you do use the machine's frother, preheat the cup well, else cappuccinos will be lukewarm.
Bert

slipchuck

#14: Post by slipchuck replying to DeGaulle »

How are the stale beans cleaned? Can you use tablets or have to service it?

Randy
“There is nobody you can’t learn to like once you’ve heard their story.”

ilVecchio
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by ilVecchio »

Any kitchen store should have a rather complete selection of the Nespresso machines. Yes, all will do a latte one way or another.

Does Toronto, a really world city. have a Nespresso Boutique? There, you can taste and play to your heart's content.

DeGaulle

#16: Post by DeGaulle »

Hi Randy, you can use a tablet every once in a while to do a cleaning cycle. The menu tells you when it is time to do so and the machine looks after itself after you start the cycle. The same applies to descaling, which requires a different kind of tablets. If you use filtered water you can turn off the descale option.
Bert