Strict espresso drinker seeking upgrade opinions - Page 7

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
buckersss
Supporter ♡

#61: Post by buckersss »

Edit

Nvm I saw you bought a femobook

Would be interested to know how it pans out

Cgr86 (original poster)

#62: Post by Cgr86 (original poster) »

I ordered the Femobook a68 as an option. It looks visually appealing and is likely cheaper than the one you listed.

Cgr86 (original poster)

#63: Post by Cgr86 (original poster) »

Well the Femobook a68 arrived today. Very sharp looking grinder and easy to dial in. So far just using Italian dark roast coffee to dial it in, there is a nice quality espresso. Thanks to all those who suggested looking into the grinder and coffee first before upgrading other things.
I'm sure this will only get better over time. The sound is very quiet on it too which is nice.

My two initial gripes however off the bat, are the laptop power source which I'll show. It takes up some space on a slim grinder with a small footprint. The other is grinds kind of fly everywhere and get stuck within the output cup. Does anyone know of a good fix for that? Maybe spraying the beans with water?

exidrion

#64: Post by exidrion »

Spraying will help yes.

Cgr86 (original poster)

#65: Post by Cgr86 (original poster) »

I'm noticing the grinder holds back about a gram of grinds in retention and can leave a mess if not careful. I'm not sure if I like the workflow of this unit. The espresso is leaps and bounds better for me and has a sweetness to it I never had before.

Edit: the magnet right below the burr allows for a turn with a brush attachment so a few twirls and a tap on the base make retention to .2 grams which is better.