Sold out.

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
blutch

#1: Post by blutch »

Why is every espresso machine I'm interested in and in my price point ($1500-2000) sold out?

Lelit MaraX - sold out
Lelit Elixabeth V3 - sold out
Lucca A53 Mini - sold out
Flair 58 - sold out
Breville Dual Boiler - not sold out, but I'm concerned about the durability issues.

This is my first machine and my grinder doesn't get here until June anyway, but I'm starting to wonder what my choices will be by then. Just about the time you start to think... this is the one for me... you can't find one to buy. Anyone else having the same issues? Maybe I should just get the BDB... I do love some of the features... Is it silly to even try to use the new espresso machine with my virtuoso grinder for a month while I wait for my DF64 to arrive?

PS - I don't care at all about looks. (although I love the look of the dark wood on the Lucca) I have plenty of room, so don't require a small machine. I roast my own coffee and prefer dark roasts. I do not like sour, acidic espresso. I plan to make milk drinks regularly and don't want a separate milk frother/steamer although I was considering it for a while when considering the Flair58/Robot option. I plan to use treated water from the get-go.

I realize it sounds like I need some therapy over this, but it's remarkable how much this decision consumes one's thinking. I'd like to stop watching Youtube reviews every single day and get one ordered so I can stop obsessing over it. LOL!

Blutch

Versalab: maker and supplier of finest espresso equipment
Sponsored by Versalab
Nunas
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Nunas »

There's an almost new MaraX advertized here on H-B buy/sell.

blutch (original poster)

#3: Post by blutch (original poster) » replying to Nunas »

Thanks for showing me that. I hadn't noticed it before. It's way over what one costs brand new and I don't really need flow control. Except for that, I like the extras. If it were new price or less, I'd hop on it.

Auctor
Supporter ❤

#4: Post by Auctor »

You could be one of the first on this forum to try the Rancilio Silvia Pro Double Boiler and let us know what you think? Since you're a dark roast guy, preinfusion and flow control may be less relevant to your needs.

jgood

#5: Post by jgood »

Chris Coffee got a big shipment recently. The website shows La Spaziale Dream T in stock, La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi due in now, Quickmill QM 67 in stock and so forth. Take a look at the website, or give them a call. BTW good folks to deal with.

blutch (original poster)

#6: Post by blutch (original poster) »

Auctor wrote:You could be one of the first on this forum to try the Rancilio Silvia Pro Double Boiler and let us know what you think? Since you're a dark roast guy, preinfusion and flow control may be less relevant to your needs.
Yeah.. it was on my list, but I removed it for a silly reason, but because my sink is way across the kitchen from my coffee bar, that tiny drip tray is a complete non-starter. That eliminated it for me. I get why I don't need flow control, but I thought preinfusion would still be a good thing??

blutch (original poster)

#7: Post by blutch (original poster) »

jgood wrote:Chris Coffee got a big shipment recently. The website shows La Spaziale Dream T in stock, La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi due in now, Quickmill QM 67 in stock and so forth. Take a look at the website, or give them a call. BTW good folks to deal with.
Thanks! I will.. I don't know a thing about any of those models.

Flair Espresso: handcrafted espresso. cafe-quality shots, anytime, anywhere
Sponsored by Flair Espresso
yakster
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by yakster »

It's because everyone's home, same reason you can't get bicycles, kayaks, RVs, etc. I've seen coffee filter scarcities too.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Auctor
Supporter ❤

#9: Post by Auctor »

I should've added a "YMMV". I've generally come to understand, through research and trial and error, that preinfusion doesn't seem to have a big impact on dark roasts in my cup. But YMMV.

Auctor
Supporter ❤

#10: Post by Auctor »

What about the Profitec 300?