So I ordered p100.

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
tkbarista0230

#1: Post by tkbarista0230 »

Hi
I'm with sette 30 and Flair pro 2 and was debating which one upgrade first or both with 3k budget.
I almost pulled trigger pro 600 with atom 75 (which also decent set up) but I really want single dose grinder.
so I decided to get decent and never need upgrade grinder first. :) I drink medium roast espresso most of tine but love to explore light roast.
Hope I made good decision. pro 600 probably next year.

buckersss
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by buckersss »

Let us know how you like it. That's probably one of the few grinders you can get that won't make you have grinder envy. Good choice!

Corgo

#3: Post by Corgo »

Was in similar shoes but since p100 wasn't available for order, I got the steietman ct2 first. Then they opened up preorder less than a week later. Couldn't help myself since my initial intent was to get the p100, so I have both in order now. Didn't plan on getting to my endgame so quickly, but least this means I am done? Oh also picked up the kaffelogic that's set to ship out this month too. There really isn't anything else to buy...right?

p4lxrich

#4: Post by p4lxrich »

Man I've been debating all weekend. I know if I get the p100 I'll probably never get another grinder. But so pricey. It's in my cart.

Corgo

#5: Post by Corgo replying to p4lxrich »

All the other end game grinders have increased in price since December of 2021 except the p100. I used that info as justification to purchase it before a price increase. Feel free to use the same excuse to make yourself feel better about purchasing it.

kidloco

#6: Post by kidloco »

tkbarista0230 wrote:Hi
I'm with sette 30 and Flair pro 2 and was debating which one upgrade first or both with 3k budget.
I almost pulled trigger pro 600 with atom 75 (which also decent set up) but I really want single dose grinder.
so I decided to get decent and never need upgrade grinder first. :) I drink medium roast espresso most of tine but love to explore light roast.
Hope I made good decision. pro 600 probably next year.
If you want to explore light roasts yeah, good choice. I suppose you have HU burrs. Do not be afraid to pull 1:3 turbo shots (like 17-19 seconds). Darker than medium is going to be a bit harsh. I had P100 but it was not suitable for my taste.

tkbarista0230 (original poster)

#7: Post by tkbarista0230 (original poster) »

same here. as soon as I got emailed that p100 pre order open , it's been in my cart for a week and pull trigger this morning haha.

tkbarista0230 (original poster)

#8: Post by tkbarista0230 (original poster) »

kidloco wrote:If you want to explore light roasts yeah, good choice. I suppose you have HU burrs. Do not be afraid to pull 1:3 turbo shots (like 17-19 seconds). Darker than medium is going to be a bit harsh. I had P100 but it was not suitable for my taste.
yea that's most of review said that darker roast isn't shiny part of p100 but since I'm upgrading from sette30 so hope it's make better to dark thick chocolate bean too. :) but yes I tried light roast on espresso first time and was like new world of taste lol. even with sette 30.

buckersss
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by buckersss »

Corgo wrote:All the other end game grinders have increased in price since December of 2021 except the p100. I used that info as justification to purchase it before a price increase. Feel free to use the same excuse to make yourself feel better about purchasing it.
Agree. I haven't used it, but on paper the p100 seems like a fantastic value proposition. It's also hard to downplay how big the compulsion is to upgrade.

I've spent the equivalent of a p100 already. I was naive enough to think I was going to clasp my wallet after the first gouging. Having said that it is fun to compare different equipment and burr sizes. It's also hard to know if equipment suits you before you buy it.

The only grinder other than the p100 in my crosshairs right now is the compak PKF 83mm.

kidloco wrote:If you want to explore light roasts yeah, good choice. I suppose you have HU burrs. Do not be afraid to pull 1:3 turbo shots (like 17-19 seconds). Darker than medium is going to be a bit harsh. I had P100 but it was not suitable for my taste.
Would you be able to explain more of why it wasn't suitable for you? Is the 98mm SSP HU the most bimodal burrset for it? And is that not bimodal enough for dark roasts?

SutterMill

#10: Post by SutterMill »

tkbarista0230 wrote:yea that's most of review said that darker roast isn't shiny part of p100 but since I'm upgrading from sette30 so hope it's make better to dark thick chocolate bean too. :) but yes I tried light roast on espresso first time and was like new world of taste lol. even with sette 30.
If you decide to keep the Sette 30 around as a backup I'd highly recommend buying the 270 ring for it. For $90 you'll be able to fine tune it much easier and get close to Niche flavor. Great for medium/dark chocolate bomb roasts.

Look forward to seeing the comparison.