Smart plug recommendations

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Castillo2001

#1: Post by Castillo2001 »

Did some searching and couldn't find any recommendations on here about which smart plug, but a lot of people saying to use them. So what are you using to turn on your machine and which ones have you used and which ones just plain did not work?

chillinsd

#2: Post by chillinsd »

There are couple threads here folks mentioned they use Wemo smart plug and also from WLL website

Loving my new Smart Plug for my espresso machine.
Appliance timer or WiFi switch
https://www.wholelattelove.com/blogs/ho ... o-machines

Advertisement
Castillo2001 (original poster)

#3: Post by Castillo2001 (original poster) »

Well I feel sheepish, apparently my search skills are lacking. If a moderator wants to close this and I will just refer to the linked threads.

Jeff
Team HB

#4: Post by Jeff »

No worries.

My checklist is UL or equivalent certification, sufficient current rating (15 A for 120 V mains), along with either an app that doesn't require me to sign into their servers or, preferably, an open or reverse-engineered protocol.

BaristaBoy E61

#5: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

We've been using a Wemo 15amp smart plug with good success.
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

lopaloman1

#6: Post by lopaloman1 »

I've been using an alexa smart plug for over a year now. Occasionally (probably ~5 times total) it will lose internet connection. Each time takes about 5 minutes to re pair it. Super easy to set a routine and shut it on/off from the alexa app. Would recommend.

jdrobison

#7: Post by jdrobison »

I used Wemo for years and it would also lose connection intermittently. I now have a Linea Mini with it's own auto on/off and it also will lose connection now and then (though nowhere near as much as the Wemo did). If I had to use another smart plug, I'd probably give the Alexa a try.

Advertisement
Jesse.F

#8: Post by Jesse.F »

I've only been using it for a few weeks, but thus far the enbrighten plug from low Lowes has worked well. Using the app on my phone I can set a schedule, and u can turn it on during the "off " times if I decide I want a late afternoon shot.

Time will tell its longevity.

wojtowip

#9: Post by wojtowip »

I've had great luck with TPLink Kasa smart plugs. They work and integrate well with other ecosystems. No problem running a large HX on it for 3+ years and also use others for lighter duty applications. In my time of using them, never woke up to a machine that was powered off if we had power in the home.
LMWDP #694

CantinaCoffee
Sponsor

#10: Post by CantinaCoffee »

Also using tplink Kasa. It's been rock solid and integrates well with Google home automation. Make sure to get the heavy duty 15 amp version, HS105.