Sifter - Where to buy

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
israguard

#1: Post by israguard »

Hi everyone,

Saw this sifter on the attached short video clip which I copied and pasted from this site.

Anyone know where this can be purchased from for delivery to Canada?. I have to have one of these.

Thanks

BaristaBoy E61

#2: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

israguard wrote: I have to have one of these.
+1

Me too! :mrgreen:
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

Advertisement
HB
Admin

#3: Post by HB »

It appears to be the "WPM (Welhome Pro) ESPCUP" sifter. There's quite a few videos about it on YouTube:
Dan Kehn

F1

#4: Post by F1 »

I just watched these two videos on youtube and now I am not that convinced about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7MLqCKMgak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v04z2dzzfFk

Plus on the second video there is mention that the company maybe working on a version 2 so I may wait till that comes out.

israguard (original poster)

#5: Post by israguard (original poster) »

Thank you all for quick replies
I'm worse than a child... gotta have it NOW NOW NOW NOW
shopping time..

BaristaBoy E61

#6: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

F1 wrote:I just watched these two videos on youtube and now I am not that convinced about it.
The more I watch videos the more I don't like it. Particularly with darker roasted beans, I can just imagine the sticking, spillage, mess and new problems to invent workarounds.

So no thank-you, I already have more invested in tools than I care to admit.

I'm out.
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

Nimitzg

#7: Post by Nimitzg »

When I first saw it on Socratese channel (8 month ago..) I said to myself I need one of thouse.
Than came the review on the product from Sprometus and I decided to drop it.

Advertisement
BaristaBob

#8: Post by BaristaBob »

Here is where I made my purchase. Dolo Coffee Supplies in Australia. Price very reasonable with exchange rate (I think I paid $65 USD), shipping to USA wasn't an issue for me since my daughter lives in Sydney. They sent it to me along with a whole box of Aussie coffees!

https://dolo.com.au/products/wpm-distributor

I will say I agree with most of what sprometheus said in his video. After sifting, I remove the top portion and brush. Then shake side to side twice, tap on my tamping mat once or twice, then remove bottom portion. I then "groom" with my Pullman chisel tool (set not that deep, around 8mm), and then tamp. It really is not that much work or extra time (WDT, blind shaker, etc extra time too). Proof in the end is in the cup and I agree with sprometheus that the extractions with the ESPCUP are less acidic and more balanced. I just ran through two coffees this past week and both had better balance with the ESPCUP. That said, everyone has to decide for themselves.

EDIT: I think my ESPCUP might be a version 2, but not sure. Mine does not have the magnet inserts, but in their place are soft rubber plugs that do a nice job of holding the base in place as you spin the top piece...and they have not fallen out either, as it appears the magnets can do. This after four months of use.

Enjoy the journey!
Bob
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

israguard (original poster)

#9: Post by israguard (original poster) »

Thank you... Purchase made. Its not crazy $$ so I will enjoy it I am sure. The website is great with lots of toys "I need".

Stay safe.

BaristaBob

#10: Post by BaristaBob replying to israguard »

Fantastic...enjoy the new toy!

Just remember before removing the bottom portion of the sifter from the pf, use a camel hair coffee brush to get all the grounds to pass through, then shake pf and bottom piece side-to-side a couple of times, tap once or twice on mat, remove base and just like that...no mess!
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"