Scale For Pour-Over? - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Pressino
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by Pressino »

IMHO his one by DiFluid ticks all the boxes. It isn't exactly cheap except in comparison to the Acaia Lunars. There was an earlier thread discussing this scale.

lamoustache (original poster)

#12: Post by lamoustache (original poster) »

Thank you all for your recommendations! I ended up grabbing the Sculptor 78 and getting a discounted scale from Timemore!

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#13: Post by Milligan »

Sounds like a winning combo to me! I've used the the Fellow Ode with Gen 1 burrs and SSP MP burrs for over a year. I've had my Timemore 078 for several weeks now and have been happy so far. A nice upgrade from the Fellow Ode. I've been pleased with the cups. I will say, Fellow's customer support is top notch. They go above and beyond what most companies would. Looking forward to seeing what they do with the Ode now that there is more competition. The 078 is definitely a more refined experience in both build quality and workflow.

I've also had a Timemore Black Mirror Basic+ for over a year and it has done the job well. No complaints other than my dislike of non-haptic buttons. I may upgrade to their higher model later.

lamoustache (original poster)

#14: Post by lamoustache (original poster) »

Great to hear! I was getting mixed reviews from the Ode Gen 2 and decided the Sculptor was the way to go. I have the Fellow kettle and it's been a great add to my workflow.

I've heard you need to season the burrs. Any recommendations for good but cheap coffee I can buy in large quantities for seasoning (e.g., 10lbs)?

bznelson91
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by bznelson91 »

Jonk

#16: Post by Jonk »

lamoustache wrote:I've heard you need to season the burrs. Any recommendations for good but cheap coffee I can buy in large quantities for seasoning (e.g., 10lbs)?
I have ground about 8lbs on my 078, at least half of it used to actually brew with. No obvious difference here. I'd recommend to just use it at first and only season if you're not happy for some reason.