Returning the Oracle Touch... Espresso machine/grinder budget up to $4000. Suggestions?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Johnwenzel

#1: Post by Johnwenzel »

Had it for about 3 weeks and was not impressed. Before that I had a Nespresso Creatista Plus (tried to please the wife with that purchase...) Now after some disappointing experiences with the Breville I want a REAL machine.

I love learning and don't mind the work this involves. My wife mainly has espressos over ice with different syrups, that kind of stuff. I love milk based drinks, lattes, flat whites cappuccinos ect.

My budget for a new machine is probably going to be around $3,500-$4,000 WITH the grinder. I am torn over the grinder as to whether I should get an espresso specific or an "all around one" as I occasionally want a pour over or drip for company who doesn't do espresso...I like the Eureka Atom 65 or the Lux D but I know there are other options... I think $1,000 or so would be a price point for a grinder I'm willing to pay for.

As for the machine, I've looked at the Luca A53 and the Rocket R58.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

happycat

#2: Post by happycat »

Johnwenzel wrote: I am torn over the grinder as to whether I should get an espresso specific or an "all around one" as I occasionally want a pour over or drip for company who doesn't do espresso...
FYI americanos/long blacks (varying water dilution) are great espresso based drinks that are consumed like "normal" coffee due to the volume.

When I got a good grinder and home roasted quality coffee, my wife switched to americanos from milk drinks. Just a data point.

The issue with 1 grinder is once you dial it in for espresso, you won't want to mess up that work adjusting for pour. There are some very high end grinders where I think people might disagree. But if non espresso is rare, you can get away wih something simple and relatively inexpensive for it.
LMWDP #603

BruceWayne

#3: Post by BruceWayne »

I upgraded this month from a Creatista Plus to a Lelit Bianca. I'm really happy with the machine, both the design and how well it works. I was initially planning on getting a Niche Zero which would've arrived in Sept. and buying a machine when it arrived, but ended up getting the Bianca early along with an Acaia Lunar scale. I'm planning on attaching a Smart Espresso Profiler and playing with flow control.

If Decent were still selling the DE1+, I might've bought one, but I don't especially like the look or sound of their machines.

So, Lelit Bianca and either an Atom 65 or Specialita would be my suggestion.

Johnwenzel (original poster)

#4: Post by Johnwenzel (original poster) »

Well the machine and grinder come in on Friday. Chose to go with the Rocket R58 Cinquantotto and the Eureka Atom 65. I don't feel like this was a bad choice for my home setup.

I will certainly let everyone know what I think of the setup.