Requesting Thoughts on: Profitec Pro 500 & Eureka Mignon Specialita

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
maximuslovescoffee

#1: Post by maximuslovescoffee »

Hello friends - I'm upgrading from a Breville Barista Express that I bought in ~2013. I used it sparingly and it has served me well. However, I believe it's time to take my home espresso to the next level. After a long time researching, I've narrowed it down to the following machines and grinders:

Profitec Pro 500 OR Rocket Appartamento
Eureka Mignon Specialita OR Ceado E5P

I'm leaning towards Profitec Pro 500 and the Specialita. Any thoughts are welcome. Let me know if you think I should explore another grinder. My usage will be as follows: 1-2 shots a day, occasionally 3-4 shots when friends are over. Since it will be my first prosumer machine, my main requirement is a decent shot of espresso and solid steaming capability to experiment with latte art :D

I'm leaning towards Pro 500 over Appartamento because: pressure stat, seemingly better build. The Eureka tends to have a lot of fans and great reviews, but so does the Ceado. Really not sure where to go with the grinders. Seems like both are really good.

Your thoughts/feedback are appreciated.

gibson00

#2: Post by gibson00 »

What did you end up getting?
I was looking at those two machines, and was leaning towards the Profitec as it seemed to get better reviews, insulated boiler, PID, etc. In the end I decided to spend the extra $$ and get a machine with a rotary pump, Mozzafiato.
But am also shopping for a grinder and considering the Specialita as well.

Cheers