Repair or replace my La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II? - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Capac

#11: Post by Capac »

I'd try to get it repaired for sure, it's not a cheap machine to replace.

Blackfish823 (original poster)

#12: Post by Blackfish823 (original poster) »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:Are you on Highway 66? :D There may be qualified techs near you that also can do it to save the $200 shipping.
Im from NJ. I was thinking of just doing the 3 hour drive each way to drop of the machine instead of shipping it. Ill just have to find the time to do it.

Doolittlej
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by Doolittlej »

I had the same problem on my Vivaldi II and Chris sold me the parts with step by step instructions. I am not handy, but was able to fix it myself pretty easily. I highly recommend trying it.

#14: Post by Blackfish823 (original poster) »

I just want to give an update on my machine. I took the drive yesterday to chris coffee to pick up my machine and its all good now, back to normal and maybe better, since it was inspected and everything that was recommended were addressed. Thanks again.

MCALheaven

#15: Post by MCALheaven »

As someone else mentioned, the easiest, cheapest way to keep your machine running smoothly in the future is by learning to descale properly. Lots of good info here on the subject. Good luck to you.

BB Huell

#16: Post by BB Huell »

How about a post fix recap for us?

Repairs made?
Repairs cost?
Travel time?
Travel cost?

Glad to hear your VII Mini is back home and working well.

Thanks

Todd

#17: Post by Blackfish823 (original poster) replying to BB Huell »

Heating element in the steam boiler needs to be changed but the heating element is sealed inside the boiler in my mini so the whole steam boiler needs to be changed. The pressure gauge seized up so that was changed as well. I also had some problems with my water tank, its hard to push in completely, it turns out its just the O-ring that needs to be changed. They descaled the machine, inspected, cleaned and tested the machine. Travel time took me around 3 hours each way. When I got there, Joe from Chris coffee had my machine up and running, he took the time to show me that my machine is running well, explained everything and answered my questions. Total cost with labor and tax is $502.64 plus maybe $30 in fuel cost. I think its money well spent knowing that my machine is back on track again.