Recommended 20 oz pitcher for latte art

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
bman0023

#1: Post by bman0023 »

What are some good recommendations for Latte art quality frothing pitchers? I am looking for a 20 oz one. I am hoping to get one on amazon.

MB

#2: Post by MB »

Normcore has a handless one that has the option of a rounded or sharper spout lip. (Rounded is generally recommended for hearts, tulips and rosettes, for better flow, pushing and thus contrast, while the sharper spout for more intricate designs.)

With a handle, the options seem endless and so I'd just look for the spout shape I want and then check reviews for any quality issues. With practice, just about any jug shape can work, but I think the 20 oz will get your spout closer to the coffee surface for a given amount of milk. A small amount of milk will be difficult to steam well in a large pitcher though, so a trick for the best of both worlds is to steam what you need in a smaller jug and pour that down the side wall into the larger jug. Swirling to keep the micro foam incorporated is much more effective in the larger jug as well. It's almost cheating with how nicely using two jugs works.

Now, if you want to go even further and also support a small business you can get a quality 22 oz WPM pitcher from Slow Pour Supply.

Here's Emilee Bryant using the 22 oz rounded spout WMP:
LMWDP #472

diungerich

#3: Post by diungerich »

I like the Motta pitchers. I have a Europa. It's been great.

https://motta-usa.com/collections/frothing-pitchers