Recommend me an espresso machine ($2500 budget)

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
timoseewho

#1: Post by timoseewho »

Hello, I'm currently looking for an espresso machine that'll last me a while. I'm a big fan of the E61 look and here are what I'm looking for in a machine:

- able to make 3-5 mix of milk-based or espresso drinks in succession
- big enough reservoir to make 3-5 drinks without refilling
- doesn't have to be plumbable
- quiet/fast warmup is a plus, though not sure how achievable that is with an E61

While E61 isn't required, I'd really like it hehe. I'm currently eyeing the Profitec Pro 600. Are there any other comparable models out there I should look into?

Thanks!

Jeff
Team HB

#2: Post by Jeff »

Have you considered lever machines?

timoseewho (original poster)

#3: Post by timoseewho (original poster) replying to Jeff »

Naw, as fun as that looks, I don't think I'm up for the challenge yet lol

bobkat
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by bobkat »

The Profitec Pro 600 seems to fit what you say you are looking for.

luvmy40

#5: Post by luvmy40 »

I'll climb back up on my soap box now.

Take a look at the Breville (Sage) Dual Boiler. Checks all your boxes except for the E61 thing. At $1500.00 USD, it leaves a good budget for a nice espresso centric grinder.

#6: Post by timoseewho (original poster) »

bobkat wrote:The Profitec Pro 600 seems to fit what you say you are looking for.
Aite, really no comps eh, thanks!
luvmy40 wrote:I'll climb back up on my soap box now.

Take a look at the Breville (Sage) Dual Boiler. Checks all your boxes except for the E61 thing. At $1500.00 USD, it leaves a good budget for a nice espresso centric grinder.
Hah that is quite the savings, I'll consider it thanks!

Jeff
Team HB

#7: Post by Jeff »

You're in a "tweener" price range, below the Bianca/Synchronika/Pro 700 but above the La Spaziale DBs. Saying you want an E61 group ruled those (and the BDB) out.

#8: Post by timoseewho (original poster) replying to Jeff »

I see, I'm torn now, because I like the look of the steam wand and hot water spout more on the Pro 700 (the Pro 600 looks like it wants to give you a hug), but don't really need what it has to offer hehe

TomC
Team HB

#9: Post by TomC »

timoseewho wrote:Hello, I'm currently looking for an espresso machine that'll last me a while. I'm a big fan of the E61 look and here are what I'm looking for in a machine....

What's your current level of experience with espresso at home? Do you have any nearby access to a showroom or buddies who have one that you can get in front of for a while and play around with?
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

#10: Post by timoseewho (original poster) »

TomC wrote: What's your current level of experience with espresso at home? Do you have any nearby access to a showroom or buddies who have one that you can get in front of for a while and play around with?
I had an Appartamento for a short while but sold it after I moved. It was fun while it lasted