Rancilio Silvia Pro vs Rocket Appartamento - Page 4

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Jeff
Team HB

#31: Post by Jeff »

At $1400 CAD ~ $1050 USD, I think that's a great machine. Not just for the money. Especially for the money. Its one of two that I'd pick for a second-location machine for myself (the other being a Robot).

decent_espresso
Sponsor

#32: Post by decent_espresso »

Icejava wrote:Honestly, that makes sense and I can respect that. You should have something in the FAQ regarding that because it helps to put it into perspective. Greatly appreciate your chiming in.
Good idea, I thought the same too after writing it. Will add that info to a web page.
Icejava wrote:I think I may pickup a BDB (on sale atm for $1399), slayer mod it, see if I like it, then upgrade to the Decent DE1+ (provided I like it)
You can (and should) take anything one vendor says about another with a grain of salt, but I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the BDB is unbeatable in its price category

I'd would emphatically recommend the BDB over an E61 that costs even twice as much. The BDB a very impressive consumer-grade machine, with
  • excellent temperature stability,
  • electrically heated group head
  • and amazingly at that price, built in lower-flow-rate preinfusion.
  • uses normal 58mm baskets, so you can swap in a VST, Decent or IMS basket to make better coffee quite cheaply
The BDB might forever satisfy your coffee needs. In which case, don't spend more. Pair the BDB with a Niche, and you'll have good espresso each day.

The BDB is the reason Decent won't ever try (again) to make a USD$1000 machine, and we instead focus on higher priced machines that hopefully deliver value worthy of the higher price.

And for the record, I've never met anyone from Breville/Sage, and have no relationship with them whatsoever.

-john

decent_espresso
Sponsor

#33: Post by decent_espresso »

Icejava wrote:You should have something in the FAQ regarding that because it helps to put it into perspective.
I've tried to be a bit more concise on this web-page version. Is it ok?

Icejava

#34: Post by Icejava »

Looks good to me. Again, appreciate the input and clarification.