Quickmill Vetrano 2B Evo - Tank Access

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Solenoid

#1: Post by Solenoid »

Could a Vetrano 2B Evo user help with a question? I've called two vendors and gotten two different answers. :(
I have limited clearance due to a cabinet where my machine sits. I know the tank fill flap when opened is around 19" high, which won't work for me.
The cabinet is slightly offset from the top of the machine, so if I can lift the entire cup tray and slide it forward, I would be able to access the tank.

The question is - can the entire cup tray which includes the fill door, be lifted up and moved forward to provide access to the tank? One vendor says yes, the other says no. Machines like the Duetto and Pro 700 work in this way, but I am leaning toward the Vetrano.

Thanks.

BaristaBoy E61

#2: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

I just worked on a Vetrano 2B but someone else removed the cup tray and reservoir door panel assemble. Looking at the exploded diagram, I would say yes, they can be removed together but not nearly as easily as the Alex Duetto IV that you just grab the 2-handle rails on the cup tray and away you go.

I have serviced both machines and the Duetto is easier to service, is better built and a better designed from a service point of view. Both will make very good espresso equally well and both are good machines.

Curious to know from your point of view, why the Vetrano over the 2-others you mentioned?
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

Solenoid (original poster)

#3: Post by Solenoid (original poster) »

The main reason was for stainless steel boilers - not sure there is much advantage, but they are my preference.
Basically looking at the Lucca M58, Vetrano 2b Evo, Alex Duetto and Profitec Pro 700. The Alex and Profitec seem to have the easiest access due to the cup rail designs. I do like the placement of the pump on the Alex better than the Pro 700 and the stainless frame...

BaristaBoy E61

#4: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Solenoid wrote:The main reason was for stainless steel boilers - not sure there is much advantage, but they are my preference.
Basically looking at the Lucca M58, Vetrano 2b Evo, Alex Duetto and Profitec Pro 700. The Alex and Profitec seem to have the easiest access due to the cup rail designs. I do like the placement of the pump on the Alex better than the Pro 700 and the stainless frame...
From Chris' Coffee;
The Duetto sports hefty lead free copper and brass boilers, which are known for retaining heat better than some other materials that have been used in espresso machines such as stainless steel. With a copper boiler, you'll also have less susceptibility to chloride stress corrosions which could occur in other Alex Duetto models after having this lifelong companion for a couple of years.
I agree with you regarding the stainless steel frame. Usually sooner or later some things will get wet; nothing like stainless steal.

There also might be less flex of the front panel on the Duetto when mounting the portafilter in the group and fewer solenoids is definitely an advantage as well.
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

robmack

#5: Post by robmack »

I own a Quick Mill Vetrano 2B Evo. The cup tray on the machine (which houses the hinged access door) can be lifted up and shifted forward, or even completely removed. It is held in place with friction. This action will expose the water container which can lift straight up and out.
- Robert

Solenoid (original poster)

#6: Post by Solenoid (original poster) »

Thank you for confirming. Now I need to make a decision. :shock: