Quick suggestions on a drip brewer replacement

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
johndavid2

#1: Post by johndavid2 »

My cheap, 20 USD drip machine broke. I am looking for something to replace it with

I have heard good things about the brazen, the Bonavita, and Bunn vt velocity. All of these (i think) have internal heaters to get to around 200 F ... anywho can anyone give me some suggestions, comments, etc?

If you need more info from my end let me know.

johndavid2 (original poster)

#2: Post by johndavid2 (original poster) »

it seems that the Technivorm Moccamaster is also a machine I should consider. No replies yet ... hoping someone gives me some insight.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by yakster »

What features are you looking for in a brewer? What's your budget? What batch size do you expect to brew? Are you looking for a glass carafe or an insulated one? I think all the one's you've mentioned are pretty good, but it's hard to recommend something with so little information to go on.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

mfogliet

#4: Post by mfogliet »

I have had a Technivorm for about two weeks and am very happy with the results.

#5: Post by johndavid2 (original poster) »

im not really sure as to the features I need with the drip machine .. like i mentioned my last machine was the 20 $ cheapo from walmart ... it was awful but made coffee in the morning.

I like my coffee dark, with lots of body. Prefer espresso but no I wont get it from a drip machine. Saving up for espresso gear.

I have hear that I should consider the Behmor Brazen Plus - the technivorm is supposed to have a copper element which is "better" i suppose. I dunno. Need to buy something soon.

redbone

#6: Post by redbone »

+ 1 Bonavita drip brewer.

Better water dispersion than the Technivorm at 1/2 or less the cost. Mine has been used daily for years without incident.

Friend has Behmor, great machine but takes twice as long to brew first cup vs Bonavita.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

#7: Post by johndavid2 (original poster) replying to redbone »

did you have any trouble with the plastic water tank become crazed, cracked, etc?

#8: Post by johndavid2 (original poster) »

one of my concerns with the Behmor Brazen Plus is that .. it looks very plasticky . im not sure if any of these drip brewers are more servicable than the others but ... obviously I would like something I could fix/ replace parts on than not.

thecoffeefield

#9: Post by thecoffeefield »

I have the Behmor Brazzen and it's an incredible machine. I love the temperature and pre-infusion (pre-wetting) controls and I love how the coffee taste. The coffee is always rich and full and the taste is unbeatable compared to anything I tried. If you buy it from Bed bath and Beyond they will let you apply the 20% off coupon! Great value, great machine, great controls and it looks great and unique.

Hope this helps

redbone

#10: Post by redbone »

johndavid2 wrote:did you have any trouble with the plastic water tank become crazed, cracked, etc?
No issue with water tank or any other component. Has worked as new since I got it a few years ago. I initially purchased the version with thermocarafe but got a standard Melitta glass carafe since I don't leave coffee in pot. I only brew what I'm going to consume directly after brewing.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549