Quick recommendations for espresso cups, and cappuccino type cups?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
iploya

#1: Post by iploya »

Any quick recommendations are appreciated. Something with the optimal size and shape for espresso, and then also for cappuccino and latte drinks. I don't know what things cost, but I am flexible on price. Would like maybe 4 to 8 pieces each. Something I can get on Amazon Prime or elsewhere would be a plus. My only preference up-front is that they be opaque; I am not fond of the clear glass serving cups I have seen at one local coffee joint. Thanks.

MB

#2: Post by MB »

Check this thread Inker Alternatives

I really like the Notneutral cups I have for the look, feel, ergonomics of the handle, and performance in use.
LMWDP #472

Fluffeepuff

#3: Post by Fluffeepuff »

Lots of threads on this, I personally have notneutral and love them. I think they still have 20-25% off for the holidays through an email code.

Also some posters were recommending Loveramics cups in another thread which I think I'll try next.

The Ancap Verona line is also very nice.

iploya (original poster)

#4: Post by iploya (original poster) »

Appreciate the quick replies!

-AB

iploya (original poster)

#5: Post by iploya (original poster) »

Fluffeepuff wrote:Lots of threads on this, I personally have notneutral and love them. I think they still have 20-25% off for the holidays through an email code.

[EDIT: Disregard coupon request, I found this merchant on Amazon and just used an existing credit to subsidize.]
OK, I have a set of 6 espresso cups and 6 double cap cups in my shopping cart. Would it be unethical or against the rules for me to ask anyone for the coupon code before I complete my order? :)

Almico

#6: Post by Almico »

I was using 280ml ACF cups for my capps, but I like a full cup and found they were taking too much milk foam for a 34g double and making more of a latte than a capp. I prefer the 160ml Illy cups much more.

Disclaimer: I have no idea how the "standard" cup measuring system works (if there is one), but those numbers are full to the brim.

iploya (original poster)

#7: Post by iploya (original poster) »

OK, since the question is answered and the thread is created, I thought I'd update with actual photos so I can contribute what I can in terms of useful info. Here are the NotNeutral "LINO" espresso and dual-cappuccino cups side-by-side, with some loose beans sprinkled for reference.

I gifted myself these and the $20 scale for Xmas via my wife as the straw person gift giver. :P

My initial take - both are very nice to look/touch, and the espresso/cap compliment each other nicely. The espresso cup looks bigger than expected, though on a generous ~40 gram double shot (my PF takes around 20 grams of loose coffee) the fluid level is just the right height to make the cup look "full." And at least one pro opinion I have heard expressed is that bigger/wider is better than traditional narrow/tall for espresso. The double-cap cup promotes a good ratio of espresso/milk that tastes closer to what my coffee shop serves as compared to what I've been making for my household with conventional, larger coffee mugs.

sluflyer06

#8: Post by sluflyer06 »

What is a double capp cup? My not neutral capp cups are 5oz

iploya (original poster)

#9: Post by iploya (original poster) »

I just assume it's sized so that using a standard-ish double-shot of espresso and the balance with frothed milk yields the right ratio of coffee/milk for a double[shot] cappuccino. The volume is 6 oz. Here is a link. http://www.notneutral.com/lino-double-c ... -of-2.html

iploya (original poster)

#10: Post by iploya (original poster) »

...one possible downside to this size cup I discovered this morning -- you quickly run out of room for milk to pour so you better complete that latte art fast! Or stick with a simpler design like a heart. But I'm a latte art newbie anyway so it's probably my skills that are lacking.