Quick Mill Silvano Evo for first espresso machine - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
michang5

#11: Post by michang5 »

I've owned the Silvano Evo since August and have been very happy. I'm able to make three lattes (6oz, 8oz and 10oz) for my family in the mornings with no problem.

I grind with a DF64 and a Niche Zero. If I could only have one, it would be the NZ.

GC7

#12: Post by GC7 »

wet_firecracker wrote:
I also don't live far from Chris' Coffee and was thinking that visiting there and checking out some machines in person would be preferable before I make a decision. If anyone has any input on this, please let me know and thanks in advance for your assistance.
I live about 2 1/2 hrs from Chris Coffee and visited them to pick up my QM 67. Their showroom is quite nice and they will be helpful to demonstrate provided the current pandemic circumstances allow safe visits. Ask for a package deal with the grinder and espresso machine.You will save some money being able to package two products and saving Chris from paying for any shipping costs. Everyone there was wonderful. I use them because the prospect of eventually needing on site service eliminated costly shipping hassles. Lucky for me, three years in with this machine, it has not been needed. I had an Anita for a decade previously so I can recommend QuickMill products.

wet_firecracker (original poster)

#13: Post by wet_firecracker (original poster) »

Hi all, just wanted to follow up and say I had an excellent experience at the Chris' Coffee showroom. The Silvano Evo seems like a great machine but I ultimately ended up going with the Lelit Mara X due to the fact that my wife and I drink a lot of milk-based drinks and it seemed to have better steaming power. I feel like you couldn't go wrong with either machine, though.