Profitec Drive

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
bman0023

#1: Post by bman0023 »

I just saw that Profitec Drive was released. Anyone have experience with this? Looks very nice and a fast heat up time too of 12-13 mins. I was leaning towards the Micra but I dont like its looks, the plastic filter, short steam wand and the low cup clearance, and the use of an app.

Paris92
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Paris92 »

Nice machine. I assume that these improvements will be forthcoming very shortly on their flagship ECM Synchronika; plus maybe some additional upgrades.

PIXIllate
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by PIXIllate »

Seems to be a replacement for the PRO700. New PID and display along with flow control being included rather than optional.

Nothing is going to make an e61 ready in 15 minutes. Too much mass.

SutterMill

#4: Post by SutterMill »

PIXIllate wrote: Nothing is going to make an e61 ready in 15 minutes. Too much mass.
They are claiming 13-15 minutes. The definition of "ready to pull a shot" isnt defined by the manufacturer however.

The ability to schedule the machine to turn on via internal timer is a nice upgrade. Looks like a solid replacement for the PP 700.

bman0023 (original poster)

#5: Post by bman0023 (original poster) »

Yeah it looks pretty nice with some very good specs. Wish I could see one in person. Meets all my criteria.

Paris92
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by Paris92 »

SutterMill wrote:The ability to schedule the machine to turn on via internal timer is a nice upgrade.
Yes. On AND off, it appears. Was wondering why it took so long for that upgrade to happen.

H2c4

#7: Post by H2c4 »

The on and off is a button and not a switch. With a physical switch, you can use smart plug instead. Just preference. I think the drive's auto preinfusion looks pretty good. But you can already do that manually.