Portafilter funnel find

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
randyr5
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by randyr5 »

While searching for a portafilter funnel, I came across this company. Veteran owned, made in USA. The fit and finish is very nice. Looks like they will be making tampers and baskets in the future. Not affiliated, just FYI.

https://fruitiontc.com/

domi

#2: Post by domi »

Thanks, great find indeed! I'll add their funnel's total height is 24 mm (it's not mentioned on the product's page) and height over filter basket is 20.5 mm. They also ship outside the US (e.g. to Europe for a flat fee of $10). Got that information from Justin Boucher after contacting them.

Lilybell2

#3: Post by Lilybell2 »

Thanks for posting about this find. I've been looking for a good portafilter funnel and this one looks like it should fill the bill. I just ordered it.

Zombeezy

#4: Post by Zombeezy »

Yep, thanks. Was thinking of the black Decent portafilter funnel, but didn't like the it being labeled "decent FUNNEL" on the side(s). Of course, this also has branding, saying "Fruition TC" on the side(s) - not sure if it saying it twice, just like the decent one - but it is $11 cheaper and looks nice, so I thought I'd try it.

ash4889

#5: Post by ash4889 »

Its being sold on Amazon as well, if you have a Prime account shipping is free.

Lilybell2

#6: Post by Lilybell2 replying to ash4889 »

The funny/odd thing is that when I was searching for a portafilter funnel on Amazon, the Fruition funnel didn't even show up in the search results. I first heard about the Fruition funnel via this topic. I ordered the funnel from Fruition's web site and no shipping was charged. I suppose I could have received it faster had I ordered from Amazon as I am a Prime member, but that's OK; I have the funnel and that's what counts in the end.

This funnel was a great find with a reasonable price. It's solid and well made. It does its job, sitting securely atop the portafilter's basket, so it doesn't create a depressed ring-around-the-basket effect on the grinds. Makes WDT more efficient, easier and neater. I'm pleased. :D

mckolit

#7: Post by mckolit »

Thanks for the mini review. From pictures I couldn't tell if it sat on top or left a ring like most other funnels. Only clue was a comment on their site about being able to tamp with the funnel on the portafilter. Definitely getting one now. My taped up overhead projector sheet is too light!

Lilybell2

#8: Post by Lilybell2 »

As a frame of reference, I use VST ridgeless baskets in my Rocket's bottomless portafilter, and the Fruition funnel easily accommodates my Pullman Big Step tamper, which has a 58.55 mm base.

happycat

#9: Post by happycat »

Zombeezy wrote:Yep, thanks. Was thinking of the black Decent portafilter funnel, but didn't like the it being labeled "decent FUNNEL" on the side(s). Of course, this also has branding, saying "Fruition TC" on the side(s) - not sure if it saying it twice, just like the decent one - but it is $11 cheaper and looks nice, so I thought I'd try it.
Text might come off with some alcohol,
LMWDP #603

Lilybell2

#10: Post by Lilybell2 »

FYI: "Fruition TC" is on one side only. :wink: