Popular Knock Box?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
ShotPull

#1: Post by ShotPull »

What is everyone using for a knock box these days?

I put the hint out there for Father's Day so there is a small chance there's one on the way but a search I just did failed to turn up much. Is there a knock box that's easy to clean and doesn't take up a ton of counter space? Something aesthetic the wife won't hate?

bobkat
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by bobkat »

I have a Joe Frex Knock Box. It works well for me.

klee11mtl

#3: Post by klee11mtl »

I like cheap and effective so this works for me and I like that it goes into the dishwasher. High back and front knocking surface keeps things clean.
https://www.amazon.com/NEW-Homeffect-In ... B07QTCXTK5

greenbeans
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by greenbeans »

I don't use the box. I put the bar that goes with the box over the kitchen sink drain and knock the pucks down the drain.

bobkat
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by bobkat »

I don't use the box. I put the bar that goes with the box over the kitchen sink drain and knock the pucks down the drain.
You may want to read the thread on sending coffee down the drain.

CSME9

#6: Post by CSME9 »

Cafelat Tubbi knock box , they offer a small and large. Small holds 6-8 pucks .

JB90068
Supporter ❤

#7: Post by JB90068 »

ECM - built like a tank.
Old baristas never die. They just become over extracted.

Capuchin Monk

#8: Post by Capuchin Monk »

You want the one which allows you to knock at the neck of your portafilter, not the rim of filter basket which can shorten the life of your filter basket. Unfortunately, most knock boxes are the latter configuration. I bought this one which works for former configuration.

romlee
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by romlee »

Motta high polish stainless steel. 2 sizes: 4" & 6.5" diameter.
Available through Amazon.

The small is good for 2-4 pucks. The large will handle multiples of that. We have a small kitchen and the 4" model takes up very little counter space. Users with large hands may find the 4" much too narrow when using or cleaning.

Beautifully crafted in Italy and a very nice match with any machine with high polish panels and trim. Looks wonderful with our Puristika.
“Be curious, not judgemental.” T. Lasso

PIXIllate
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by PIXIllate »

I use an old vintage Tupperware container. Holds quite a few days of grounds and has an air tight lid so there is no odor.