Parts for Profitec Pro 800

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Moka 1 Cup

#1: Post by Moka 1 Cup »

Planning on buying one more set of gaskets.

https://www.espressoparts.com/products/ ... ever-group

https://www.espressoparts.com/products/ ... ton-gasket

I already have the recommended grease.

Anything else that you would recommend to keep handy for regular and preventive maintanance (or emergencies)?

(links or part numbers if available would help)
Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness.

Moka 1 Cup (original poster)

#2: Post by Moka 1 Cup (original poster) »

Wrong section, maybe?

#3: Post by Moka 1 Cup (original poster) »

I managed to get parts 1,2,3,4,5, and 9 of diagram #5.
P1012.1 (Cafelat silicon gasket)
P1012.2 (Profitec)
P1012.3 (Profitec)
P1012.4 (Profitec)
P2533 (Cafelat silicon gasket)
C519900103 (E&B Labs)

This should take care of the piston. My understanding is that with daily use, it is recommended to replace these gaskets and o-rings when you remove and clean the piston, every 6-8 months.

Trying one more time to see if anybody has experience with parts that should be replaced regularly or that should be kept available in a drawer because more susceptible to failure, and that may not be immediately available at one of the US distributors.

Source: https://support.wholelattelove.com/hc/e ... iagram.pdf

baldheadracing
Team HB

#4: Post by baldheadracing »

Why would you need parts 1, 2, and 4 for semi-annual maintenance? Pulling the group cylinder sleeve, which needs 1&2 to be replaced, is something done maybe once in every five years, maybe once a decade, and most likely not in a lifetime of home use. Of course, it won't hurt for you to have the sleeve removal tools and pull the group cylinder sleeve as often as you want - but there is no need unless you use water that scales heavily. #4 will last essentially for the life of the machine unless you break it or the machine is really, really, neglected.

You'll maybe want parts to rebuild the vacuum breaker (#3 on drawing 2), or just get a spare vacuum breaker as they're inexpensive. Vacuum breakers are pretty much generic parts (for the same mounting thread), and Stefano's has a good selection. I'd either switch to a breaker that takes a hose to vent to the drip tray and keep the original as a spare, or just put a muffin form around your current style of breaker. It is perhaps just aesthetics to not have the vented steam and spit stream down the boiler every time you turn the machine on, but I like my machines to stay clean-looking and completely dry even under the case 8).

Perhaps a spare safety valve (#7 on drawing 2) as well, although I've never seen one that has failed, except due to neglect. Like the vacuum breaker, they're generic parts (for the same specification).

A spare group mounting gasket (#17 on drawing 5) if you ever want to remove the group from the machine.

Steam and water valve rebuild parts, but in that style of valve there should be little to no wear over time unless there is user error (cranking the valves tight after each use), or, again, scaling water (on #15, drawing 4, although these are often reversable for double the lifespan).

On the electrical side, the SSR (#12, drawing 6) will eventually fail, but generic replacements are widely available so I would not get a replacement until the piece actually fails. Ditto the various switches. The Gicar controller (#11, drawing 6) and display (#13, drawing 6) will also eventually fail, but it isn't practical to keep spares of these IMO.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

#5: Post by Moka 1 Cup (original poster) »

baldheadracing wrote:Why would you need parts 1, 2, and 4 for semi-annual maintenance? ...
Because I did not know and that's why I opened this thread :D .

Thank you for all the information!

(Who is Stefano?)

baldheadracing
Team HB

#6: Post by baldheadracing »

-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada