Opinions of WholeLatteLove's refurbished espresso machines

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Frankieboner

#1: Post by Frankieboner »

Has anyone ever purchased a refurbished machine from this company or for that matter, anything else. I would like to have opinions, pro or con with this company and with refurbished machines.

Spresso_Bean

#2: Post by Spresso_Bean »

I bought a refurbed Silvia a while back and it showed up DOA with a bad leak in the boiler - one of the bolts that holds the two boiler halves together had a stripped hole and I couldn't use it at all. They did finally take it back and refund me the full amount after some waiting and calling, but overall it was a hassle for me. I'd say that this is probably not common as many have had good refurb machines from them based on what I have seen, but other than that I've bought a few parts and items from them without any problems. I'd buy from them again but for a big purchase such as a machine, I'd be more likely to buy from a different vendor next time. Just thought I'd post my experiences both good and bad.

Advertisement
DigMe

#3: Post by DigMe »

There have been numerous stories both here and at CG reporting that it was also a hassle for them to get returns taken care of when something goes wrong. WLL has weighed in and reported that they are trying to improve at that. I haven't seen many negative stories lately so maybe they are improving.

brad

Beezer

#4: Post by Beezer »

I bought a refurbed MDF grinder from WholeLatteLove through their eBay auction. It was good as new and still works just fine.
Lock and load!

TimEggers

#5: Post by TimEggers »

My first espresso machine (a refurb Gaggia Coffee Deluxe) came from WLL. No problems, I was/am a happy customer.
Tim Eggers

LMWDP #202

BrianC

#6: Post by BrianC »

About 6 weeks ago I bought a refurbished Gaggia Classic from WLL (via Amazon). It arrived in great shape and continues to work like a champ. It was well packed (about 8" of bubble wrap & a heavy duty cardboard carton) and looked brand new (no scratches, no damage, protective plastic still on the drip tray cover). Saving $200 on the $599 list price was a no brainer.

jamhat

#7: Post by jamhat »

I bought a refurbed Gaggia Factory nearly a year ago and am pleased with the purchase. The price was good and it shipped quickly.