Nurri Leva S.A. or ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva - Page 4

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Primacog

#31: Post by Primacog »

flyingtoaster wrote:How long do the Nurri and ACS take to completely warm up and how is the group head temperature stability compared to a La Marzocco with a Piero group cap?
The nurri takes below or at 15 minutes to fully warm up. The group head temp Is totally stable as the pid directly regulates it constantly through an independent heater that only heats up the grouphead. If I want to change temperature, it only takes a few minutes. I havent used a LM machine so I'm not familiar with how temp stable they are.
LMWDP #729

Ad-85

#32: Post by Ad-85 »

I'd wait until Paolo reveals his secrets then decide. Should be interesting!
LMWDB #691
LeverHeads group on Telegram

Primacog

#33: Post by Primacog replying to Ad-85 »

Is someone named Paolo coming out with a review of one of those machines?
LMWDP #729

Cuprajake

#34: Post by Cuprajake »

Paolo - acs designer of the Evo, Vostok and many more.

Primacog

#35: Post by Primacog replying to Cuprajake »

Oh he meant the owner of acs!
LMWDP #729

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#36: Post by pizzaman383 »

The way I see it ACS and Nurri are relatively small companies that are rapidly innovating and evolving their designs. There are enough differences that individual people will have preferences but they are much more similar than different. It's like differentiating between E61 DBs.

In a couple of years they will likely have settled down to a more stable feature set.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

Primacog

#37: Post by Primacog replying to pizzaman383 »

I would classify the levers from both companies as belonging to a category I would call hybrid levers where they have pumps for variable preinfusion combined with pid controlled components. I don't think that general categorisation will change. However they embody quite different approaches to provide solutions to the same problems so to speak and so they should appeal more to differnrt groups of people.
LMWDP #729

RyanP

#38: Post by RyanP »

pizzaman383 wrote:The way I see it ACS and Nurri are relatively small companies that are rapidly innovating and evolving their designs. There are enough differences that individual people will have preferences but they are much more similar than different. It's like differentiating between E61 DBs.

In a couple of years they will likely have settled down to a more stable feature set.
Agreed. The ongoing fighting and debating between the same couple people about these two machines seems kind of silly to me. They're basically the same machine.

DaveC

#39: Post by DaveC replying to RyanP »

No, that statement is absolutely not correct....they share a group, but that's it. Antonio used a different group initially, but moved to using the same group as ACS some time ago.

RyanP

#40: Post by RyanP replying to DaveC »

I guess we have different interpretations of what it means for two machines to be similar. When looking at spring levers in general these two seem to share a lot more in common than just having the same group. Dual spring pressure profile, fast heat up time, precise temp control, precise PI pressure control, brew pressure gauge. I get they each have some differentiating features but as far as I'm concerned they are more similar than different, and more to the point, this ongoing "my machine is better" debate between these two users over several threads is getting old.