Nurri L-Type Leva vs ACS Vostok - Page 3

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Primacog

#21: Post by Primacog »

CaptPat wrote:Yikes, that's a lot especially compared to other hybrid lever machines
While nurri leva has always been sold at a higher price than the acs machines, the price difference has increased lately which may be also affected by the fact that the acs machines are generally usually sold on a direct sale basis unlike the nurri machines which are sold through local dealers. It is also affected by where it is sold - for instance in Europe the nurri leva with fancy wood options seems to be priced at only about 4500 euros inclusive of vat.
LMWDP #729

espressotime

#22: Post by espressotime replying to Primacog »

Only :mrgreen:

Primacog

#23: Post by Primacog replying to espressotime »

Relative to a LEVA X, it is... :mrgreen:
LMWDP #729

Junior
Supporter ♡

#24: Post by Junior »

I'm sure there is even more of a margin built in for the US distribution as there will be uncertainty and expenses with servicing and stocking parts for what will be an entirely new manufacturer for them. That said, it's a premium price that moves the machine well into a different category served by already established (in the US) brands.
Michael

scotthep

#25: Post by scotthep »

I'm definitely smitten with the Nurri but at this point at that price I will be rethinking my gameplan. I was barely coming to terms with my hopeful "less than 5K USD price" but I will be rethinking my gameplan and waiting for the Vostok availability in the US.

Primacog

#26: Post by Primacog »

Junior wrote:I'm sure there is even more of a margin built in for the US distribution as there will be uncertainty and expenses with servicing and stocking parts for what will be an entirely new manufacturer for them. That said, it's a premium price that moves the machine well into a different category served by already established (in the US) brands.
Other machines at that price range are pump machines and are thus not really substitutes for the nurri. The nearest machine price wise that performs similar functions with a spring lever is the LM LEVA X which is much more expensive even at that higher price.
LMWDP #729

Junior
Supporter ♡

#27: Post by Junior replying to Primacog »

I'd argue that the closer comparison--on paper--is the ACS Vostok which is considerably cheaper but lacks the dealer support in the US. As far as build quality, use and reliability, I simply cannot comment--nor can many people in the US. I'm looking forward to seeing the Nurri in person, tomorrow most likely. I want it to blow my socks off, but $6,000 for a home espresso machine is a lot. Particularly a machine with little track history. Even though I can afford it, the price makes the decision to do so far less likely to justify. I can buy a LM Leva, GS3, KvdW or a Slayer. But I haven't justified a purchase of those either.

It's not that I don't understand the pricing. I can see the how and why, just disappointed that the machine I was seriously looking at doesn't seem nearly as appealing at that price point.
Michael

Primacog

#28: Post by Primacog replying to Junior »

Of course when I was referring to the leva x in my post above, it was in the context of the post of the person I was replying to who was remarking that at the 6k price point in USA, there are other brands available.

The vostok is indeed the nearest machine to the nurri in terms of capabilities. However in my view, no machine is really a substitute for the nurri because its workflow and method of operation is uniquely its own. Now whether the appeal of those features and its looks are enough to warrant its price is a question for the individual himself. While I did buy it at a time when it's price was lower than it is today, my budget us also significantly smaller I believe than many of the HB members here, and for me, the L type SA leva aas certainly well worth its price for me.
LMWDP #729

Amberale

#29: Post by Amberale »

Addressing the OPs second part of their question.

I think the auto finish function on the Vostok would suit a small cafe environment.
Once you have your dose/grind/finish pressure dialed in you can just lock and load the shot and move on to grinding another, steaming milk or putting that muffin in the microwave.

I'm looking forward to that functionality and I only have to push out two shots per morning most days.

Whoopsy, wrong thread.

Primacog

#30: Post by Primacog »

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 3183880863

Looks like Clive coffee has their demo unit of the Nurri leva installed on their portland shop premises and have got it already making espresso.....
LMWDP #729