Niche Zero vs ECM Titan V64 vs ? - Page 2

Recommendations for espresso equipment buyers and upgraders.
lagoon

Postby lagoon » Jan 09, 2019, 7:06 pm

guydebord wrote:I would also check the Eureka Atom Specialty 75 with red speed burrs and blow-out hopper. Almost zero retention, no static, amazing consistency, proven track record company and IMO looks amazing.

I think this is a good suggestion.

One thing to consider if it's going to be your only grinder, that something like the Niche Zero can only single dose.

You would forgo the ability to do fast, on-demand grinding directly into a portafilter. This could be an issue if you entertain or regularly have guests over and you need to keep banging out the coffees.

Other scenario where I find on-demand is important is that first one of the day when you are still half asleep. It's nice to be able to stick the portfilter in the holder on the grinder and push a button :)

May or may not be an issue for you, depending on your usage patterns and lifestyle. But worth considering if it's going to be your only grinder - as you're constrained to to single dosing workflow to cover all usage scenarios.

DaveC

Postby DaveC » Jan 09, 2019, 10:51 pm

lagoon wrote:I think this is a good suggestion.

One thing to consider if it's going to be your only grinder, that something like the Niche Zero can only single dose.

You would forgo the ability to do fast, on-demand grinding directly into a portafilter. This could be an issue if you entertain or regularly have guests over and you need to keep banging out the coffees.

A new dose can be ground into the cup while your extracting the coffee, so I don't think it would be much slower if you can weigh the beans and grind them in the 45 seconds to extract the shot and knock out/wipe the basket.. However, you would be correct for a 2 group machine.

ash4889

Postby ash4889 » replying to DaveC » Jan 09, 2019, 10:56 pm

It says online will take up to 50 grams each time to grind, more than enough for drip or multi group machines.

Andrewp

Postby Andrewp » Jan 10, 2019, 6:40 pm

Hi guys..
Ive recently purchased an ECM Titan and its just GREAT! Easy to sort it if you want to do single dosing. It gets a 5 from 5 from me at every level.