Niche zero or...

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Abecker

#1: Post by Abecker »

Lately I have been eyeing up the Niche Zero. It has gotten a lot of positive remarks, and seems to be the "new hotness". I primarily drink medium to darker roasts, make one to two espressos at a time, and like the ability to single dose as opposed to loading a happier full of beans. I have heard that with some of the grinders that use a hopper, they need to be about 1/4 full to get consistent grinds. In the same price range as the Niche, $650-850, are there other grinders I should be considering as well?

drown

#2: Post by drown »

Only manual grinders. Some of the Eurekas aren't too wastefuls.
Geography is War

Advertisement
Thermosiphon

#3: Post by Thermosiphon »

The convenience of single dosing and the ability to switch beans from cup to cup cannot be overstated. My Niche Zero replaced a Compak K10 and I haven't looked back even for a second. There is no (non-manual) grinder at this price point that can perform this well for single dosing espresso. It's really market disrupting...if a flat version were to be released at a similar price point in the future (although I doubt the economics and retention figures would work as well) I don't think I'd need grinders from any other manufacturer.

As it stands my Ceado E37S is still around just in case I happen upon some scandinavian light roast...
Cheers,
Bill

Abecker (original poster)

#4: Post by Abecker (original poster) »

Thermosiphon wrote:There is no (non-manual) grinder at this price point that can perform this well for single dosing espresso. It's really market disrupting...if a flat version were to be released at a similar price point in the future (although I doubt the economics and retention figures would work as well) I don't think I'd need grinders from any other manufacturer.
This is kind of where I am at in my thoughts as well.