New to HB, looking for beginner espresso setup - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Mountain

#11: Post by Mountain »

jevenator wrote:Costco occasionally has them for $1k
Just saw one brand new on Ebay from a seemingly reputable seller for $900 including shipping https://www.ebay.com/itm/Breville-Dual- ... 3702980760

Bluenoser

#12: Post by Bluenoser »

That is a very good machine and a great setup for beginner or experienced use.. However, does it still qualify for Breville's 2 yr warranty? You'd want that as well. To pair with that I'd recommend the Niche Zero grinder..

GregoryJ

#13: Post by GregoryJ »

That's true. Breville's warranty specifically excludes eBay and other non-authorized sales and is also non-transferable. For the peace of mind, Costco, Amazon, or Bed Bath and Beyond is probably the best way to purchase.

SweetBriar

#14: Post by SweetBriar »

Whole Latte Love provides the warranty service for the products they sell. They're in NY

martuney
Supporter ❤

#15: Post by martuney »

Here's a real good look at the Cafelat Robot!
It's not a solution, at all for lattes or cappuccinos, but what it is, considering your point in your journey so far, is an opportunity to really learn about and produce truly excellent espresso! I'm not too sure how the bellman performs, but it has been around a long time, but I will say, as a milk-based espresso drink lover that the espresso quotient is the most important factor in any type of espresso-based beverage!
Cafelat Robot Review
Best of luck on your journey! I'm going to guess, based on your decisions so far, that you will really be happy with this direction, and, even if you eventually go for a much higher priced espresso machine with really good steaming ability, you will still be a better barista for starting with this option, and you will most likely continue to use it long after!!

antonioriojas90

#16: Post by antonioriojas90 »

luca wrote:I have no experience with the Robot, but I would observe that if you later upgrade, you might well find that you keep the Robot for travelling. By comparison, if you buy a single boiler machine, you are likely to get rid of it when and if you upgrade.
Definitely. I bought one and loved it; then decided I wanted to step up my game and got a Linea Mini. Now I use the Robot for the office or traveling.

dak

#17: Post by dak »

Robot for the win. I have a Bianca Dual Boiler and still love and use my Robot almost everyday! If you are only an occasional latte or cappuccino drinker and can get comfortable with one of the milk frothers or a Bellman, you can not beat the Robot for espresso results anywhere near its price point.

dchooo

#18: Post by dchooo »

Buy one of the Breville line if you want ease of use and best bang for you buck. Some of them come with a grinder preinstalled on the machine.

I've heard alot of good things about the Robot but it's alot more technical in the coffee world. That is something I love, but someone else might not.

jgood

#19: Post by jgood »

I use a Bellman for steaming -- it works well but you need to build in the warm up time for the Bellman into your routine. It's not like the steamer that's built into an espresso machine that's always ready when the machine is.