New Olympia Cremina: best bottomless portafilter + triple basket?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
bovinecrusader

#1: Post by bovinecrusader »

I have a stock new Olympia Cremina coming from Cerini, NY, USA.

Contemplated getting their OEM bottomless but looks like the lip limits any bigger basket size.

Will probably get the Naked Bottomless (considered the Creativewerks but didn't want to also have to buy a handle kit).

Any suggestions for a double/triple basket to accommodate a 18g dose? (USA based source preferred)

danetrainer

#2: Post by danetrainer »

The largest IMS competition basket B582TH29E
fits in the oem bottomless PF, the basket is 29mm tall.

I regularly use the 26mm tall double basket and dose 17.5 grams with the Medium Light coffees I drink. If I'm going super Light and using the Flat grinder I'll downdose to 16.5 grams in it.

No US stock that I am aware of.

bovinecrusader (original poster)

#3: Post by bovinecrusader (original poster) »

Oh awesome, thanks for the clarification @danetrainer!

Looks like the stock OEM bottomless is the way to go...

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by Shakespeare »

bovinecrusader wrote:I have a stock new Olympia Cremina coming from Cerini, NY, USA.

Contemplated getting their OEM bottomless but looks like the lip limits any bigger basket size.

Will probably get the Naked Bottomless (considered the Creativewerks but didn't want to also have to buy a handle kit).

Any suggestions for a double/triple basket to accommodate a 18g dose? (USA based source preferred)
Yes, there is the ability to use other baskets in the OEM Portafilter. Maybe up to 17 grams...but not more.

If your looking for 18grams or more. I believe you were correct in your consideration of the Creativewerks.
As for a handle, there are numerous choices.
In fact, there are a number of different makers of inventive designs that are just fabulous. Or just use a inexpensive handle.
Maybe buy a handle from Cerini to match your other one ... It is still less expensive that the $200 OEM portafilter that restricts your choice of basket size.

*** I forgot, there is another alternative: The 'Olympia Cremina Naked / bottomless Portafilter basket 49 mm'
also a good choice for $100.00 including handle.
https://www.naked-portafilter.com/produ ... rtafilters

bovinecrusader (original poster)

#5: Post by bovinecrusader (original poster) »

Shakespeare wrote: *** I forgot, there is another alternative: The 'Olympia Cremina Naked / bottomless Portafilter basket 49 mm'
also a good choice for $100.00 including handle.
https://www.naked-portafilter.com/produ ... rtafilters
Great, thanks again for more clarification.

Looks like best combo then is Gabor's Naked Portafilter + IMS competition basket B582TH29E?

chopinhauer

#6: Post by chopinhauer »

bovinecrusader wrote: Looks like best combo then is Gabor's Naked Portafilter + IMS competition basket B582TH29E?
I have the Naked Portafilter and it works well if you're into naked extractions. But I still prefer the OEM non-bottomless PF and use this predominantly. Will the deep IMS basket fit the OEM Cremina PF? If not (or even if so) are there any 49mm IMS double baskets as deep as the Elektra double, which I am currently using in preference to the OEM Olympia double basket?
LMWDP #027