Would you choose a new La Marzocco GS3 MP or 2011 KVDW Speedster at same price (turns out it's not 2015) - Page 4

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Maak (original poster)

#31: Post by Maak (original poster) »

There's a bit of assumption here mixed with what I as told and public knowledge....but seller and partner have a coffee business here. I was told they bought two speedsters 5 years ago direct from kees (so I assumed it was 2015 version). Partners split. Each ended up with a speedster seller said. The one who's selling doesn't appear to have a lot of espresso machine knowledge so maybe forgets dates. I was expecting a speedster owner to be an espresso nerd like me but .....

Maak (original poster)

#32: Post by Maak (original poster) »

Brand new here in NZD $1650

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#33: Post by JohnB. »

Maak wrote:There's a bit of assumption here mixed with what I as told and public knowledge....but seller and partner have a coffee business here. I was told they bought two speedsters 5 years ago direct from kees (so I assumed it was 2015 version). Partners split. Each ended up with a speedster seller said. The one who's selling doesn't appear to have a lot of espresso machine knowledge so maybe forgets dates. I was expecting a speedster owner to be an espresso nerd like me but .....
More like 9 years ago it would seem. Every Speedster is built to order so Kees wouldn't have sent out a 2011 model in 2015. I'm betting that the machine is dead stock with no updates so if you bought it there are several updates you would want to make. You'd also definitely want to try it out to make sure everything works properly if it's been sitting unused for years. Also make sure there is no water dripping from the group when the machine is cold. If you want to add the Idro-Matic option you'll have to find a later machine.
LMWDP 267

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#34: Post by JohnB. »

Maak wrote:Brand new here in NZD $1650
Best price from a U.S. dealer was $10,500 + shipping the end of last year. No idea what they are currently asking.
LMWDP 267

Maak (original poster)

#35: Post by Maak (original poster) »

JohnB. wrote:Can you take photos of the machine from both sides with the covers off? Do they have a full service history.?
Nope. It's in another part of the country, and not plumbed. Aparently its been stored for 4 years then serviced and for made sale

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#36: Post by JohnB. »

Maak wrote:Nope. It's in another part of the country, and not plumbed. Apparently its been stored for 4 years then serviced and for made sale
Personally I wouldn't even think of buying it at that price unless I could try it out. If you can't then make a much lower offer if you are interested in it. Which GS3 model could you buy for their asking price?
LMWDP 267

Maak (original poster)

#37: Post by Maak (original poster) »

GS3MP. I will demo and get a feel for the machine. Three are a few new that have been showroom demo for 10k nzd. Otherwise new $1199. I wouldn't pay for custom anything as I think they're ugly anyway. It's the taste in cup and experience that matters to me.

Milligan

#38: Post by Milligan »

Maak wrote:GS3MP. I will demo and get a feel for the machine. Three are a few new that have been showroom demo for 10k nzd. Otherwise new $1199. I wouldn't pay for custom anything as I think they're ugly anyway. It's the taste in cup and experience that matters to me.

Ahhhh they are ugly-cute. Kind of like an insectoid alien. :?