New Ceado E37S vs E37SD - Page 3

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
omega1848

#21: Post by omega1848 »

I have a question on the single dose version E37SD: Is it possible to convert/ add a hopper afterwards to make into a normal grinder, into the regular E37S version so to speak?
Just in case you realize at some point in time, that you need more portions once (to serve a party for example)?
Thanks!

leonelbego (original poster)

#22: Post by leonelbego (original poster) replying to omega1848 »

Hi :)

Yes, I contacted Ceado and they said yes, You would just need to buy the hopper and the rubber (you can ordered through your retailer) that connect the hopper with the machine, that's all :)

So, yes, you could use the SD with a hopper as well, the only is that you won't be able to set the time because the SD model only works with the on/stop button. But that would be ok with me.

leonelbego (original poster)

#23: Post by leonelbego (original poster) »

Hi all,

Here an update about my situation:

I decided to exchange my E37S with the E37SD (my E37S was only 3 weeks old, so the shop where I purchased was kind enough to let me return it and pay the difference for the SD), and it's been the best decision! I'm loving having a "Single Dose" grinder and this one is a monster (at least for me). It does all what I need and want, perfect for my needs.

And what's even nicer, I contacted Ceado and they said I can buy a hopper and just put it there in case if one day I get bored or tired of only single dosing or for whenever I have guests. Obviously the SD doesn't have the "timer" function as the S do, but that's fine for me :)

Very happy about my decision and this is what I need it :)

Here a pic

JMaz

#24: Post by JMaz »

<<And what's even nicer, I contacted Ceado and they said I can buy a hopper and just put it there in case if one day I get bored or tired of only single dosing or for whenever I have guests. Obviously the SD doesn't have the "timer" function as the S do, but that's fine for me >>

Congrats! on your new machine. I am doing the oposite: Started with a Profitec Pro T64, did not like it and exchanged for the Ceado E37S, and ordered the ring and bellows of the E37SD. I will keep the hopper for the future if I ever decide to use it. (no, I am not selling it :) )

luckydragon

#25: Post by luckydragon »

leonelbego wrote:Hi all,

And what's even nicer, I contacted Ceado and they said I can buy a hopper and just put it there in case if one day I get bored or tired of only single dosing or for whenever I have guests. Obviously the SD doesn't have the "timer" function as the S do, but that's fine for me :)
For real? Marc from Whole Latte Love and Slawek from IDrinkCoffee both commented on their respective videos that the E37SD cannot take a hopper because of the different throat design.

If you ever decide to get a hopper, would be very interested to hear if it's actually compatible with the SD.

omega1848

#26: Post by omega1848 »

Would love to see first hand experience on the hopper SD topic as well!

Asherblue

#27: Post by Asherblue replying to omega1848 »

I am waiting to hear as well