Need upgrade suggestions for La Marzocco Linea Mini OG

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
cwalker199

#1: Post by cwalker199 »

Dear all,

I just heard back from LM regarding that I received the Linea Mini OG right before they release Linea Mini R. They offered me brew by mass scale & the wooden customization kit ($789) for free. I already have the $400 scale so they will provide the refund for me. Regarding the wooden customization kit, LM can also swap it with the cool touch steam wand ($700). Any suggestion on if I shall take the customization kit (for cosmetic purposes) or the more practical cool touch steam wand?

I personally feel that customization kit, although more expensive, can be acquired through other vendors (such as wowa design) with much cheaper price. The cool touch steam wand, on the other hand, can be only purchased through LM or its authorized distributors.

Thank you so much for your input!

hao
Supporter

#2: Post by hao »

Hello! I'm also in your situation, can I ask how you reached out to them to get this offer? Also, did you purchase directly from LM Home or from a dealer? Thanks!

Coffeechiro

#3: Post by Coffeechiro »

That's awesome to know that LM is taking care of their customers.
I would go for the cool steam wand. The wooden kit is nice but it won't make your machine perform any better.

cwalker199 (original poster)

#4: Post by cwalker199 (original poster) »

hao wrote:Hello! I'm also in your situation, can I ask how you reached out to them to get this offer? Also, did you purchase directly from LM Home or from a dealer? Thanks!
Hi there! I purchased from Voltage and their Sales David is extremely supportive and helpful. He got those offer for me. I would think LM would somewhat offer similar stuff to appease their customer as well.

hao
Supporter

#5: Post by hao replying to cwalker199 »

Got it, thank you!

#6: Post by cwalker199 (original poster) »

Coffeechiro wrote:That's awesome to know that LM is taking care of their customers.
I would go for the cool steam wand. The wooden kit is nice but it won't make your machine perform any better.
Thank you so much! Great minds think alike! I opt for the cool touch steam wand and they will ship it to me this week!

Plus I have white LMLM OG and I think black knobs and paddles is a beautiful contrast anyway.

Coffeechiro

#7: Post by Coffeechiro »

My mini is also white. I actually bought and returned the wooden kit I got from Pantechnichon Design cuz I like the black knobs on white.

#8: Post by cwalker199 (original poster) replying to Coffeechiro »

Can I safely conclude that we are soul mates in aesthetics?

Jaroslav

#9: Post by Jaroslav »

Did they say Cool Touch or Pro Touch? The cool touch doesn't cost much nowhere near $700, so it wouldn't be a great deal. The Cool Touch they now put in the Linea Mini R (and Micra) is produced in Italy and is much cheaper than the Pro Touch vacuum sealed wand, so make sure it's the actual Pro Touch made in the US.

I'd personally go with the wand upgrade if it's the actual Pro Touch, that's a very nice move from La Marzocco's side.

(I posted it here too to make sure you don't miss it)
Jaroslav

#10: Post by cwalker199 (original poster) replying to Jaroslav »

I just double checked--the description is "La Marzocco 958 Linea Mini Performance Pro Cool Touch Steam Wand Kit × 1"
I assume it's the Pro Touch??