Need upgrade suggestions for La Marzocco Linea Mini OG - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Jaroslav

#11: Post by Jaroslav »

cwalker199 wrote:I just double checked--the description is "La Marzocco 958 Linea Mini Performance Pro Cool Touch Steam Wand Kit × 1"
I assume it's the Pro Touch??
Perfect, that's it (Part LM958). Very, very nice!
Jaroslav

cwalker199 (original poster)

#12: Post by cwalker199 (original poster) »

Jaroslav wrote:Did they say Cool Touch or Pro Touch? The cool touch doesn't cost much nowhere near $700, so it wouldn't be a great deal. The Cool Touch they now put in the Linea Mini R (and Micra) is produced in Italy and is much cheaper than the Pro Touch vacuum sealed wand, so make sure it's the actual Pro Touch made in the US.

I'd personally go with the wand upgrade if it's the actual Pro Touch, that's a very nice move from La Marzocco's side.

(I posted it here too to make sure you don't miss it)
Just curious, what's the actual difference between cool touch and pro touch? Linea Micra cool touch seems very similar to pro touch but a shorter version.

Jaroslav

#13: Post by Jaroslav replying to cwalker199 »

The Pro Touch is higher quality. It's double walled and vacuum sealed, produced in the US and the Cool Touch is still double walled, but not vacuum sealed, produced in Italy at a much cheaper price with a method that's not as complex. That's also why the Linea Mini R is cheaper than the classic Linea Mini (at least here in Europe). The manufacturing process of the Pro Touch is more involved and complex, but it will stay cooler for longer, which may not matter too much at home but can be benefitial in a busier environment. The multi-group machines (such as PB) also use Pro Touch.
Jaroslav