Need help choosing espresso machine for new coffee shop

Recommendations for espresso equipment buyers and upgraders.
Andres0881

#1: Post by Andres0881 » Nov 11, 2019, 5:16 pm

Hello Home Barista,
We are opening a coffee shop and we are almost ready to take the big step of buying our espresso machine. I have to decide between 501 Victoria Arduino VA388 Black Eagle Steelux 2gr Gravimetric and Marzocco Linea PB. I know each one will have their own preferences about espresso machines but in general, I would like to know the "Pros & Cons" of each machine. More Details: we are expecting to have about 50 seating spots and selling about 100 cups per day.

Randy G.

#2: Post by Randy G. » Nov 12, 2019, 8:48 am

My first thought is who will be servicing it, and the amount of downtime you would experience based on the choice of machine when servicing or repair is required.
Espresso! My Espresso!
http://www.EspressoMyEspresso.com

bluesman

#3: Post by bluesman » Nov 12, 2019, 11:09 am

You might well consider working with the roaster of your choice and/or machine vendor with the best rental/leasing plan and service. Especially for a start-up, buying may not be the best way to go for many reasons. Many roasters in our area supply the machine, maintain it, and train you & any staff. This ensures that their coffee is at its best in your cups, and it keeps you up and running with a built-in "disaster recovery plan" so you can keep going if something fails. It also improves your cash flow and credit.

I don't think that the specific machine you choose will matter nearly as much as using one already proven by your roaster's other commercial users.

Andres0881

#4: Post by Andres0881 » Nov 17, 2019, 10:22 pm

Thanks,
I am actually the roaster in this case.