I just signed up to the forum, although I have been reading posts on it for many years.
I currently enjoy brewing coffee and own a Kalita Wave, Eva Cafe Solo, Baratza Encore grinder and Hario scales. I love the setup and the results I get, especially from the wave. I particularly enjoy light roasted single origin coffees, in particular natural and red honest process coffees. Over the last few months I have been thinking more and more about buying an espresso machine and would love some advice on what to buy. I used to have a Gaggia Classic and Gaggia MDF grinder about 10 years ago which I loved but at the time I didn't buy freshly roast coffee and didn't weigh the coffee, so results were very inconsistent.
Below are my requirements:
- I will mainly be making coffee for one.
- I want the machine to heat up extremely quickly, less than 5 mins.
- I like the idea of a lever machine, rather than a semi-automatic.
- It has to look nice in the kitchen
- It should work well with medium to lighter roasts. (I want to be able to use the same beans that I used for pour overs, not for ever brew but for some)
- I will be using it for espressos and americanos only, no milk based drinks
- I would prefer a hand grinder to start off.
The Robot and La Pavoni EN Europiccola are the two that stick out at the moment but I am open to all suggestions!
Thanks in advance!