Most inexpensive grinder for espresso

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Gigimedrano

#1: Post by Gigimedrano »

hi guys so I the cheapest grinder I can get to pull my wife decaf espresso, I have a good grinder for the good stuff but I need this for the wife, any suggestions?

dreadnatty08

#2: Post by dreadnatty08 »

Have you tried single dosing with your Ceado grinder? That's what we do at home with the Eureka (which isn't even designed for it). I'm able to swap out whatever coffee. Dialing in is slightly different for each one, but I don't really stress about it.
If you're gung ho on a separate grinder, what's your budget? Cheapest possible is likely going to be a hand grinder, maybe a Hario.

Gigimedrano (original poster)

#3: Post by Gigimedrano (original poster) »

thanx for ur response, and I been single dosing for the last month and boy is it inconsistent I mean like very inconsistent I gave up on it and now put the hopper on my Ceado e6p hence why I need a grinder. I was hoping for an electric one but I think handheld is going to have to be the one to get. any recommendation on hand grinders ?

salvia

#4: Post by salvia »

Hey Jesse,
There are a number of really good hand grinders, most of which are detailed here: https://coffeegeek.co/en/list-premium-h ... -grinders/.

Based on the many threads and great feedback of Home-Barista members, the top two I would consider would be the Apollo B-Plus and the Kinu M47. I've used my M47 exclusively for the past three years and continue to enjoy it.

luvmy40

#5: Post by luvmy40 »

Breville Smart Grinder Pro.

Ascaso I mini I1

Timemore Chestnut CS

cerone

#6: Post by cerone »

If I absolutely needed a dedicated decaf grinder I'd probably get a Sette.

Urupackers

#7: Post by Urupackers »

One good option is the 1Zpresso Jx Pro,159 dollars,a manual grinder really good for espresso with 200 clicks, consistent grind, 48 mm. steel burrs, and you can grind 15 grs. of beans in 30 seconds. I think is in the budget side, and you have a quality grinder for espresso.

slipchuck

#8: Post by slipchuck »

Ascaso I mini I1

Randy
“There is nobody you can’t learn to like once you’ve heard their story.”

LewBK

#9: Post by LewBK »

If cost is a concern, I would recommend an 1zpresso JX Pro or an Aergrind for good quality at a reasonable price. If you really want to save, buy a Porlex.

redbone

#10: Post by redbone »

Capresso Infinity similar to Baratza Encore but with added timer and Swiss made conical burrs according to their specs. Some retention but not noticeable in pour over vs espresso.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549