Monolith Shuriken Burr Choice - LW vs SW - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
jtbenson

#11: Post by jtbenson »

I have a flat with smd and an mc3. they produce different enough results with same beans but I'm curious to compare them with the flat running lm or sw burrs before I decide if they're good enough at their respective strengths to justify keeping both. i'm also comparing the flat at pourover adjustment to my compak r8 (dedicated brew grinder). i'd like to get down to two from three (or my wife would like that anyway).
I emailed Denis to ask about purchasing alternate burrs for my flat and his response was (paraphrasing) due to supplier shortages and price increases, do not expect to see burr sets available for purchase before summer.
"the best thing about that coffee was the cup"
-Tadej Pogačar

NHB (original poster)

#12: Post by NHB (original poster) »

jtbenson wrote:I have a flat with smd and an mc3. they produce different enough results with same beans but I'm curious to compare them with the flat running lm or sw burrs before I decide if they're good enough at their respective strengths to justify keeping both. i'm also comparing the flat at pourover adjustment to my compak r8 (dedicated brew grinder). i'd like to get down to two from three (or my wife would like that anyway).
I emailed Denis to ask about purchasing alternate burrs for my flat and his response was (paraphrasing) due to supplier shortages and prince increases, do not expect to see burr sets available for purchase before summer.
Have you used SMD for pour over? If so, how was it?

Advertisement
jtbenson

#13: Post by jtbenson »

the brew was very 'clear' tasting

unfortunately it was a new coffee so no reference from other brew grinder to compare to.
once i do some a/b tasting I can offer more insight
"the best thing about that coffee was the cup"
-Tadej Pogačar