Monolith Max Burr Options

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Sgoldberg89

#1: Post by Sgoldberg89 »

Got an email last night from Denis regarding a new burr option for the Max - a medium/dark burr he described as having bimodal distribution. I'm conflicted about the decision and was hoping some in the community may be able to provide their thoughts. I haven't fallen in love with light roasted espresso but it's likely because I don't have time most days to fiddle with my coffee and need something reliably good and strong to get me out the door. As a result I trend to drink more medium espresso, but was excited to use the Max to explore more light roasts. Now I'm not sure if I should get a grinder that's good at medium roast to replace my current grinder, or stick with the light roast burr. I'm also wondering which, if either, would be more desirable from a resale perspective, not that I currently have any plans to let go of it! Thank you!

Tzuyu

#2: Post by Tzuyu »

Are we talking about Shuriken burrs? I would consider L/M Shuriken burrs as it's in the range light to medium roast although there isn't any review on the new burrs.