Mazzer Major V Electronic vs Ceado E37T vs Mazzer Kony S Electronic - Buying Advice

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
trex99

#1: Post by trex99 »

I have pre-ordered Mahlkönig E65S GBW, but they keep delaying the delivery time, today I saw Mazzer Major V Electronic which they fix most of the issue with Mazzer grinder.

I have three choices:
1- Mazzer Major V Electronic
2- Ceado E37T
3- Mazzer Kony S Electronic

I wanna use it for home use, I drink dark roasted and espresso roasted most of the time but once in while i will try medium roasted. also is the retention between the three grinders is big deal?
I have Izzo Alex Duetto IV Plus. Thanks alot

ira
Team HB

#2: Post by ira »

Among those, I would choose the Kony given what you've said.

Ira

M997

#3: Post by M997 »

New Kony has new outstanding design and they also made a lot of changes, interesting if they achieved less retention? It was a main problem with conical. I'm for Kony.

erik82

#4: Post by erik82 »

Those Mazzers always had crazy retention rates. Lookng at the design that hasn't changed. For home use I wouldn't advice them. If you really like dark roasts then conical burrs is the way to go but those GOD big conical burr grinders have massive amounts of retention (up to 15-20gr). With flat burr GOD grinders (MK E-65S and Ceado E37, Mazzer Major probably even more) you still need to purge around 8gr to get all the retention out.

espressotime

#5: Post by espressotime »

I sold my belioved Major two years ago.Owned it for 8 years .Still miss it.Only issue I had was I couldn't take the grinding noise any longer.But this wasn't the grinders fault .Tinnitus made me sell it.