Mainly Single Dosing Grinder

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
eliosanchez93

#1: Post by eliosanchez93 »

When you think of budget and very killer results when doing single dosing, what grinder comes to your mind? i currently have the eureka specializta.
and i have read post before how people compare between the Niche and the Eureka that i have.

i just looking to spend some money that i can drastically notice the different and look for more consistent in my shots.

i just cant justify going for Monolith's reaching close to 4k or the titus grinders that can go up to 6,500!!!.

i own a Linea mini and i want a GOOD SD Grinder to pair it with.
Thank you
Elio Sanchez

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by baristainzmking »

Hi,

With your budget and price point, I would go with Niche Zero and not look back.
I had both and kept Niche.

Good luck to you.
Julia

thesharpener

#3: Post by thesharpener »

Not sure what the Monoliths cost now, but my flat was $2450, not $4000. The flat max is more expensive.

Not sure what your budget is, but the Niche Zero has a lot of positive feedback on this site. I don't own one, but a good friend of mine has one and has been very happy with it.

You might consider the Lagom P64 - it's a new single dosing flat grinder. There is a thread on this site discussing the grinder . Not sure how many are in service as they only recently shipped the first batch, but it looks promising, and I think costs around $1500.
Pete - LMWDP #572

eliosanchez93 (original poster)

#4: Post by eliosanchez93 (original poster) »

baristainzmking wrote:Hi,

With your budget and price point, I would go with Niche Zero and not look back.
I had both and kept Niche.

Good luck to you.
and i see right now via their main https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/nich ... -grinder#/ website

it costs about $657 to order one? is that where you obtained and an honest point of view, did you noticed major change from grinder to grinder?

i also noticed ppl use this back to back with making espresso or Pour over filter etc.
Elio
Elio Sanchez

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by baristainzmking replying to eliosanchez93 »

It's been a while since I had the Eureka Speciality, so I can't really remember the taste differences. What I can tell you is that going from espresso to pour-over and back is easy and always spot on.
Julia

#6: Post by eliosanchez93 (original poster) replying to baristainzmking »

And lastly, when you recall I know with the Specializta when do do single dosing there is always retention from previous single dosages before meaning you eventually get 1-2g of coffee from before in the puck.

Do you find that this one does that regardless of how clean it isV

Meaning if I put 18g in my very first grind I should be right spot on 18g?

This is a question I can't seem to find I know it's Niche Zero but name means nothing if it's truly Zero

Elio
Elio Sanchez

blondica73
Supporter ❤

#7: Post by blondica73 replying to eliosanchez93 »

I have a Niche Zero and if I put in 18 g, I get 18 g out. The caveat is that some of the grounds could be old. Therefore, I ran a test, cleaned the Niche Zero and ran fresh coffee. I put in 18 g and got 17.5 g out.

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by baristainzmking »

eliosanchez93 wrote:And lastly, when you recall I know with the Specializta when do do single dosing there is always retention from previous single dosages before meaning you eventually get 1-2g of coffee from before in the puck.

Do you find that this one does that regardless of how clean it isV

Meaning if I put 18g in my very first grind I should be right spot on 18g?

This is a question I can't seem to find I know it's Niche Zero but name means nothing if it's truly Zero

Elio
The grinder is pretty much zero, or almost zero retention. There is a video that DaveC posted on the retention of the grinder.
Julia

#9: Post by eliosanchez93 (original poster) »

blondica73 wrote:I have a Niche Zero and if I put in 18 g, I get 18 g out. The caveat is that some of the grounds could be old. Therefore, I ran a test, cleaned the Niche Zero and ran fresh coffee. I put in 18 g and got 17.5 g out.
makes sense, not to bad .5 is barely or non noticiable once you get couple shots in.

ughhh idk if its smart the upgrate from eureka, if i can sell it i most likely will get it...
Elio Sanchez

blondica73
Supporter ❤

#10: Post by blondica73 replying to eliosanchez93 »

I have the Eureka Olympus 75e as well. I use it once I dialed the coffee in. The NZ is used for all my other coffees, decaf or regular. I do notice a difference in taste between the NZ and the Eureka Olympus 75e, a little more clarity in the cup (this is my wife's opinion which is important)