Mahlkonig K30 still king of the sub $2000 grinder market?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
thecatch83

#1: Post by thecatch83 »

Anything new in this market worth considering? Compak E10, F8, Mazzer Major worth a look or is the K30 still the one to beat?

Bob_M

#2: Post by Bob_M »

The King of the sub $2k grinder category is the one I own. The Compak K 10 wbc (now called pb). I prefer conical burrs to flat burrs. Of course this is my opinion and some may disagree.

Advertisement
jchung
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by jchung »

thecatch83 wrote:Anything new in this market worth considering? Compak E10, F8, Mazzer Major worth a look or is the K30 still the one to beat?
Maybe also add Ceado E37S to the list. Same size burrs as the Major, but cheaper and doserless.

bean2friends

#4: Post by bean2friends »

Bob_M wrote:The King of the sub $2k grinder category is the one I own. The Compak K 10 wbc (now called pb). I prefer conical burrs to flat burrs. Of course this is my opinion and some may disagree.
I agree. I can't imagine what a different grinder would get me that I don't get with my K10 pb.

Shife

#5: Post by Shife »

I would love to hear more detailed reviews of the E8. It has a height challenge, but it seems to work very well.

Ellejaycafe

#6: Post by Ellejaycafe replying to Shife »

I would too. I love the look of the compak on demand grinders. The display is by far my favorite of any grinder. I wish there was a place around here to test out gear.
LMWDP #544

RyanJE

#7: Post by RyanJE »

Bob_M wrote:The King of the sub $2k grinder category is the one I own. The Compak K 10 wbc (now called pb). I prefer conical burrs to flat burrs. Of course this is my opinion and some may disagree.
Ditto. HAD a Ceado e37s. For a variety of reasons, I don't think it's on par. But if you hate dosers than the k10 may not be for you.
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....

Advertisement
h3yn0w

#8: Post by h3yn0w »

bean2friends wrote:I agree. I can't imagine what a different grinder would get me that I don't get with my K10 pb.
Interestingly Mark from Coffeegeek is so impressed with the Baratza Sette that it's replaced his K10

Bob_M

#9: Post by Bob_M replying to h3yn0w »

. Mark implied the jury is still out on that move.

nuketopia

#10: Post by nuketopia »

I have a Ceado E37S on the way. I'm seriously considering a monolith as my final solution.

Just out of curiosity, how big is the throat on the Eureka grinder where the hopper goes in? The short hopper for the Eureka looks interesting to me. Do you have the short hopper on yours, and how tall is the hopper itself?