Mahlkonig EK43s worth it? - Page 3

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Terranova
Supporter ❤

#21: Post by Terranova »

ds wrote:0.010 µm is 0.00001mm which is a ridiculous tolerance that very, very few in the world would possibly be able to achieve let alone measure. Aerospace/high precision tolerances are at and below say +/- 0.007 mm and even that is too much for a grinder.
I don't agree often with you, but in this case I do.
Denis got some numbers wrong.

ds wrote:I height doubt claimed tolerance of less than 0.009mm on flatness. How is that measured and with what kind of instruments? Run-out maybe, flatness over 4" area, I doubt it.
You can only measure it on a lathe machine, but there you can get it better than 0,01mm
This one was measured before getting it revised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPuD3Otxn5c
ds wrote:You can't put Bugatti Veyron tires on Yugo and go over 250 mph with it...
Yes you can, but you cannot go over 250 mph with a Bugatti when the engine inside is from a Yugo :D

ds

#22: Post by ds »

Terranova wrote: You can only measure it on a lathe machine, but there you can get it better than 0,01mm
Which is exactly my point. You are not going to run that part in lathe and grind coffee on a lathe.

Terranova
Supporter ❤

#23: Post by Terranova »

ds wrote: You are not going to run that part in lathe and grind coffee on a lathe.
This doesn't make sense to me, or I just don't get it.
The more accurate all parts, the less tolerances where all the tolerances meet - at the burrs.
So it is totally OK to have all parts as accurate as possible.

If there is a lets say 0,03mm run out at the shaft, it doesn't mean that all other parts can also have a 0,03mm run out because at the burrs it is an addition of all parts which makes it much worse than 0,03mm.

Denis

#24: Post by Denis »

I fked up the measure unit.

The gauge I measure with it's 0.01mm and doesn't move when I get the grinder aligned. This means it has unde 10 microns play. This is enough for me.