Mahlkonig E65S vs Eureka Atom 75

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
jehlon

#1: Post by jehlon »

I'm looking to upgrade from an entry level grinder to better one.
I've been considering either of these. Would love to hear recommendations. I've heard a lot about the consistency of the Atom 75. Keen to hear what people think of the E65S. Any recommendations?

jpsm

#2: Post by jpsm replying to jehlon »

Have the olympus 75e and e65s. The atom is just quieter vs the olympus also another difference is that the atom is built with plastic and I think its aimed for the home market. Grind quality on the atom is ok but I think it has a hard time producing extra fluffy grounds on lighter roasted beans vs the e65s. The e65s is just so pretty that imo it is in a league of its own. If you have the coin, go for the e65s.

jehlon (original poster)

#3: Post by jehlon (original poster) »

This is super helpful. Exactly the kind of response I was hoping for. I'm getting a great deal on the e65s, and you've convinced me to go with it. Thank you.

mike01

#4: Post by mike01 »

I have a K30, which uses the same burr set as the e65s. It has fantastic grind quality and build quality. My only regret is that I purchased it a couple months before the e65s was released in the US and that I didn't get an e65s instead. Although it is very expensive, there are several improvements vs the K30.