Mag funnel for Mini Vivaldi?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Kran

#1: Post by Kran »

Does anyone have suggestions for magnetic funnels that would fit a mini vivaldi portafilter? I've been using an OE funnel since I got the machine but looking for a different option.

danetrainer

#2: Post by danetrainer »

I have the Sworks one for my 54mm LSM group and I was thinking again this morning how much I love it and need some for my other group sizes.
It has strong magnets and I dose out of the pf without a spring, and there are never any accidents or fumbling around between grinder and wdt, etc. It requires a little twist and angle to pull it off the rim neatly.

Kran (original poster)

#3: Post by Kran (original poster) »

Thanks for the insight. Those do look nice. Any chance you could measure the dimensions of your funnel for me? I seem to be too dense to understand the dimensions listed on their website for the funnels, without a diagram.

danetrainer

#4: Post by danetrainer »

I hope this simplifies things for you, this is what I measured.
The bottom has an exterior ridge that fits down over the outside of the filter basket.
It measures 66mm
The inner opening is 57mm
The height is 25mm

Cranked

#5: Post by Cranked »

Ive been using a rolled up piece of cardboard cut from a cereal box. Not great but the price is right. Reminds me that the biggest problem with Spaz is the lack of accessories.

I'd love to find a funnel that fits outside the basket (I see the OE one fits inside the basket and the Sworks fits outside), which makes puck prep and/or WDT fiddly. Are there any others out there?

Kran (original poster)

#6: Post by Kran (original poster) »

That's perfect, thanks. And glad I asked.

My basket lip OD is 65mm so might work.

Michaelcoffee

#7: Post by Michaelcoffee »

The Eureka Libra funnel comes in a 53mm version that is magnetic.

Kran (original poster)

#8: Post by Kran (original poster) »

Thanks.

I kind of solved this in a very round about way. Got an IMS 54mm breville basket and then a cheap 54mm mag funnel. The basket works with my cafelat bottomless portafilter and dimensions are almost identical to my spaz basket. $35 ish solution all in.

beanman

#9: Post by beanman »

If you don't mind something cheap, find the single-serve yogurt container that will fit into the basket.
I had a Spaz, and I think I figured out it was a Yoplait. Cut the bottom off at the correct height, and the tapered shape will allow a nice snug fit. Then cut the top a bit shorter if desired.
Maybe take your basket to the store to find the yogurt container that will fit best.
Later I found an aluminum funnel/ring (ebay?), but don't remember if it had magnets, or if it was tamp-through or had the inner lip.
If you'd like wood, contact member "cannonfodder" in the Marketplace section, for his custom wood accessories. He might be able to make a beautiful funnel for you.
Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine